iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ordered the cant hook yesterday

Started by Quebecnewf, February 14, 2009, 06:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Well I finally went ahead and made the BIG move and ordered a 24" Logrite cant hook

My plan is to use it in the woods to turn logs to get at those pesky limbs that are driven down into the snow when you fall a tree and you only discover them when you start to winch it out .

I will use it around the mill i am sure once I start sawing as well. I hope all the people who praised them up on this site know what they are  talking about.

It is being shipped into Northern Quebec Canada so who knows when it will turn up.

I will keep you posted on arrival and comments once I put it to the test

Quebecnewf

Tom

I hope 24" will give you enough leverage.  Except for a sawyer's use around the sawblade, I prefer a 4' tool for general use.  24" will be easier to carry, perhaps.  I feel confident that you will like it.

Jeff

I hope your happy with the short one in the woods. As Tom says, I think the 24 is more suited for the mill. Regardless, you will find out that it'll out hook anything else. :)   Have fu with it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Quebecnewf

Most of the logs we cut are fairly small and all softwood. It will just be used to turn them about half a turn .

My better half will be on the cant hook. Were having problems in not doing a good job of limbing and later in the day when we start winching we find out. The home made cone hels out a lot but this should make it even better

I think

Quebecnewf

I ordered from USA I am assuming they don't have a Canadian Dist.

Tom

You can get them from Logrite, but they would be just as happy for you to get them from one of their wholesale customers.  Stihl is a retailer if you have a Stihl shop. 

Jeff

Yep, you can get them from Stihl Canada.

Quebecnewf

I Wish i had known that . Too late now

Quebecnewf

Jeff

Its good to know when you order the 5 footer. ;)

Maineloggerkid

If it is not long enough, you can make a "cheater bar" to get more leverage. Something akin to a load binder bar for a big rig, just with a bigger hole on the end.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Ironwood

A buddy of mine came by and ran my mil for three days. He is a tree trimmer and fell in love w/ my Logrites. He will be ordering them from his Stihl  dealer as he likes the orange verses blue. Can we get orange from Kevin and Tami directly? I'd rather see more money in their pockets.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Blue Sky

I saw them the first year he brough them out to market.  I could not believe how much better they were than the cant hooks and peaveys of yester year.  I bought three of them right there on the spot.  He had just come to market, so the price was greatly reduced.  He was getting blown away with the demandt for this product he developed out of neccesity in a moment when he needed a cant hook cause he ran over his old hickory handled one witn a skidder.  You will be amazed.

Jeff

ErikC

I don't hardly ever lay my hand on a cant hook or peavy, and these logrite threads are gonna make me buy one. :D Great to see a good guy with a good product have success.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

isawlogs

Jeff I am pretty sure we can only get the peavy from Still Canada ... Bailey's will deliver ... ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Banjo picker

We got two 30 inch mill special with the base ball grip in the end.  The loggers look at em funny till they guinea pig one.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Ed

The only remorse in buying a Logrite tool is wondering why you waited so long to do it.  :D :D :D

Ed

Thank You Sponsors!