iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2013 562 xp Husqvana used

Started by woodman52, December 23, 2022, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman52

I am thinking about buying a 2013 562 xp Husqvarna used. Fella says "Runs great, oils great.  New 6 bolt short block/crankcase assy, new oil pump worm gear.  Only has 60-70 hours, maybe 2 on new case, backup saw.  PTO side crank bearing cage broke in original case". He is asking $475. Questions -
Should the cage break before repair scare me?
If I does run and cut well is the price fair?
What is the general opinion of this saw from that time frame?
If I go look at it should I look for anything in particular?
Thanks in advance.
Cooks HD3238 mill, loader tractor +, small wood processor, Farmi 501 winch, Wallenstein LX115 forwarding trailer, 60 ac hardwood, certified tree farm

barbender

I think you can get a new 562xp for a little over $800. Typically I'd rather just buy new than pay that much for a used one. If it is super clean and you are confident in who did the repair work, maybe I guess. I have no problem running a saw like that if I am the one that did the repair and I know what's inside it. I'd hate to pay that much for someone else's screw up though. The new one comes with a warranty😉
Too many irons in the fire

Woodfarmer

There was several issues with that saw from the early years. Bearings and hot start issues. Too Much money for me.

Spike60

Like barbender points out, who did the work is the first question I'd have. The fact that the hours are known, means the saw has been plugged in, so a dealer may be involved. If done right, the saw will be fine. The plastic bearing cage usually never harms the P&C. Most often it melts and then finds it's way into the muffler screen. Price is a little too high IMO. Retail on those short blocks is about $229 last I looked. Typically, this level of repair is done with running, not selling, the saw in mind. But in this case a low hours saw in cosmetically nice shape would be worth doing to sell it. But I think it ought to be around $400. Closing in on $500 is closing in on a new saw.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Big_eddy

The other thing to check on a 2013 is the carb model. An EL48 is preferred. EL44 and EL46 carbs were prone to a bog off idle and sometimes hot start issues. 

barbender

Hey I love it when my opinion lines up with an actual expert like Spike60's every now and again!😊
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!