iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo CS490

Started by Bosco, December 27, 2022, 02:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco

I picked up a new CS490 and it starts nice ,runs nice but seem weak, and seems to run at a low RPM. I only run high test and stihl oil any insight or suggestions?

Kel71

I like Echo Red Armor oil, not a fan of stihl oil.

Have you adjusted the carb?

pg 26 in manual
https://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/478e43e4-dbd0-4955-8b69-c3f2acb16514/filev2_

sawguy21

It will likely perk up once it has a few tanksof fuel run though it. What length of bar? What are you cutting? Is the chain properly sharpened?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

They are weak out of the box, need a long break in, carb tuned good and the muffler opened up . Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Bosco

16"bar, sharp chain, cutting PonderosaPine. Still low RPMs, and now dying after completing a cut , gonna re adjust carb, has had a few tanks through it. Still seems weak. thanks for the tips!

ladylake

Try turning the high in, clockwise about 1/2 turn and see if the RPM pick up . If it does turn it in until the RPM get really high no load then backout until it slows down some no load.  In the cut it should clear up when you start working the saw. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Walnut Beast

Quote from: Kel71 on December 27, 2022, 06:18:30 PM
I like Echo Red Armor oil, not a fan of stihl oil.

Have you adjusted the carb?

pg 26 in manual
https://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/478e43e4-dbd0-4955-8b69-c3f2acb16514/filev2_
That's what I been using! Always used the premium Echo oil and never had any trouble 

two tired

Try red max, I get better performance in my 590 and also 680 echo.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

lxskllr

Sounds like a tuning problem to me. ladylake's better equipped to give advice in that regard. I just twiddle knobs, and somehow it turns out acceptable. I removed the spark arrestor and "stovepipe" from my muffler. Dunno if it helped or hindered performance, but it seems to run well.

ladylake

Yes remove the spark arrestor and stovepipe, if running too rich the spark arrestor  could be clogged already.  Steve

Thank You Sponsors!