iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2023

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2023, 01:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Still around 30F here this morning, just finished yard cleanup, not even 2" after snowing all day. The yard has a 1/2" crust/ice on top. Still overcast and probably squalls tomorrow by the looks of it. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Walnut Beast

Freezing rain/sleet and light snow. 

B.C.C. Lapp

Listening to thunder right now.   In January.   Whats next? Pestilence?
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

thecfarm

The bank was down to 40 today.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

26F this morning, light snow on the way.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Finally some snow without the rain on the back end of it. 27*.
Could be a foot of it when its over tonight then 2 more snow events next week.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Yes all snow for a change. First one this season, that we had all snow. Maybe 5-6 inches.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We had less than 1", was over by 3:30 pm. The big one is Monday for up here.  18F here this morning, 14F in Mars Hill along the Presque Isle R (Prestile R. in Maine).

woodroe

Same as Ray, 5-6 " . Just enough on top of that shiny crust to 
to get out my new backcountry skis and boots and explore some new terrain. 
My Medicare plan gave me back $450 last year to buy recreational items to 
help keep me fit. Spent it all on those items. Sometime getting old pays.

firefighter ontheside

They are saying we could get 5" of snow Tuesday night into wednesday, but the temps are gonna be kind of warm, so it will be heavy wet snow.  I will lose some pine trees.  Young lobl olly trees don't do well with heavy snow.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

thecfarm

Sorry to hear about your trees.
Looks like no below zero temps coming for this month. 
Only had 2 days in the single numbers and that was not by much. Might be some of them coming by the end of the month.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

26 and absolutely beautiful out

farmfromkansas

It's like 4:30 and still the snow hasn't quit coming down. About 34 degrees F and quite a bit is melting.  First snow we have had in a long time that did not get blown into the crick. Good thing for the late planted wheat, can't really tell yet how much winter kill we have had.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

SwampDonkey

Well so much for 'the big one'. A snow squall and then it was over. Not clearing. 24F here.  apparently it's a bigger storm to our south and east.

woodroe

Snow piling up. Close to another foot when then one is over.
Glad to see it because that last 6" dry powder snowfall only made the ice layer under
it more slippery, like grease. Went down twice in the last few days.
From vertical to horizontal in all of one second. The last fall left some hip hurt .
More appreciable snow for Thursday.

farmfromkansas

About that going down, last tiny snow we had before the snow we had some freezing rain.  Was at the farm and forgot about the slick for a moment and fell down on my shoulder.  Then the only machine I could get started was my skidsteer, put out some bales with it and tripped climbing out of the machine and fell on my shoulder again.  Yesterday was the first day I could raise my arm up all the way.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

SwampDonkey

Mainly overcast here, some squalls and reached 31F this afternoon.

firefighter ontheside

Still on track to receive between 4 and 9" of heavy wet snow tonight.  I'll be out in the woods shaking my trees trying to get the snow off of them tomorrow.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Peter Drouin

26° some sun., Got 14" of snow last Sunday night

Mill has not run for a time.

I left the floor with a pile of sawdust on it for the winter. 
I get the ladies in town to come get all they want for free.
From hamsters to horses, kids. :D

Some clear R Oak hanging around.

More snow tomorrow, I think.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SwampDonkey

First starry sky I have seen for weeks (quite literally) up here. Might actually be a sunny day for a little while. 12F out there. Sure makes for a better day in the winter when it's sunny. ;D

firefighter ontheside

That crash sound you heard about 90 minutes ago was a tree in my back yard falling and hitting the house.  I don't think it did any damage.  It was a virginia pine that was only about 7" at the base and just the top of the tree hit the house.  In fact it was two trees growing in a group, so they were already leaning away from each other.  They both must have fallen at the same time.  The other landed on my fence, but doesn't look like it did any damage there either.  We only got about 3" of snow but its hard to tell, because its so wet that most of it is in the trees.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

AW Geez Bill! Sorry to see that. I was going to make a snarky/funny comment about your remark yesterday about shaking the trees. Now I'm glad I was a little too busy at the time. I understand why you do it now. Sure hope there's no hidden damage.
 When the RO came down on the garage last winter it looked like we got off OK, until I went inside and saw a small branch had punched through. Same thing Happened on my shed in the late fall with a deadfall branch, still have to fix that one.
 Hope it turns out OK.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

firefighter ontheside

I think at the worst it bent the gutter.  I can live with a bent gutter.  May just have to push it back.  That used to be a group of 3 trees, but several years ago we came home from a trip and the 3rd tree was laying on the garage.  No damage there either.  We did not plant the trees like that.  Those trees were just little volunteer saplings when we built the house and we left them there.  They were a pain in the neck always having to duck under low hanging limbs while cutting the grass.  That won't be a problem anymore.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SwampDonkey

Minimal damage and still power I assume. So you were lucky.

We are destined for something similar up here, but they say the rain and ice will be further south. They've said that before. But Houlton, Maine said we could get it up here to. So pick which forecast you like I guess. :D Maine has usually been more accurate for us border areas. Sunny right now, but clouds moving in from the south.

Thank You Sponsors!