iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hydro ax 511ex saw speed

Started by loader man, February 21, 2012, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loader man

Does anybody know how do you make the recovering speed faster on 511ex with koehring saw head? 
God Bless The Little Ones Who Make The Future

Bobus2003

kiko

It is a hard process to explain, and it will require special fittings and a 5000 psi gauge at the least.  If interested I will explain in segments.

loader man

please explain i was told to back pump down to 3000psi and go up to the head with blade locked and on stalled out wide open back the allen head on back of saw motor down to zero go back to 500 psi and lock it down.  Then set main pump back to 3500 psi. I have done that and it didn't help i was thinking about bringing it up from 500 to 1000 and see what that does.  It will build up pretty fast but it takes  a long time to get there.  Thats supposed to be the shift pressure.  I don't think its shifting
God Bless The Little Ones Who Make The Future

kiko

That is real close to what I do. Blade stalled, Pump p.o.r. backed down to 3200 psi , With gauge tapped into front of saw motor set stroke pressure to 1000 psi (  10 mm wrench 3mm allen) lock down reset pump p.o.r. to 3600 psi. If all these pressures set correctly and it still does not perform correctly then it is going to be another problem. First are saw teeth, if you are running steel teeth, is the leading edge of the tooth hitting the wood first? Think of it like a chain saw. Even if the teeth are still pointed the point must be sticking out father than any other part of the tooth. Second, there is a check valve on the metal loop line on the saw motor that can be stuck partially open. Third, internal problems with the saw motor. You Can also speed the saw up with the adjustment on the front of the saw motor( 19mm wrench 6mm allen) back the screw out to increase speed. be careful because backing the screw out to far can destroy the saw motor. I usally do 1/2 turn at a time . Blade should turn 1150 rpm. Speeding  the saw up will not help if other issues are still present. Another thought there should be a relief valve for the saw that should be set to 3900 psi.

Thank You Sponsors!