iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gas Grill replacement time

Started by Chuck White, June 28, 2019, 06:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Looking at Gas Grills again!

My old one has it's issues and is in the process of being replaced.

It's 5 years old though!

I was at Walmart today, looking at grills and I am leaning toward the Cuisinart A4, 4-burner gas grill.

Walmarts price is $294.00, or I can order it online, delivered to Walmart for $268.00!

Anyone have any experience with these!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Downstream

I went back to charcoal a few years ago and would never go back to gas again.   You have to use lump charcoal or you still get the chemical flavor from the binders used to hold the briquettes shape.  I went with a weber performer which is best of both worlds.  Propane starter but cooking with lump charcoal only no gas.  Everything has better flavor and I can also smoke ribs/loins/etc on same grill.  Just my 2cents.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Al_Smith

I got a Charbroil at Lowes that does a nice job .4 tube burners with a round burner all stainless steel .For actual charcoal I burn my own from hickory but it takes several hours to burn it into coals .Nothing like real charcoal as opposed to propane .

Chuck White

I like the idea of charcoal, but this grill is going on my back deck, which has a roof over it, and I just want something more controllable than charcoal!

Mostly so that when I'm done grilling I can just turn it off and don't have to keep going back to recheck whether or not it's still burning!

Which is why I still want propane.

I've checked out the Blackstone grills but I figure you can't cook "everything" on a griddle!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

69bronco

No experience with that one Chuck, we use our gas grill a lot. I have a homemade charcoal cooker I use whenever I can, but time constraints usually means the gas job. We were going through gas grills every 2 years. I bit the bullet and bought a Weber gas (stainless) about 8 years ago, it's still in great shape with quite a few years left.  food2

jdonovan

another vote for the stainless webbers. You'll spend more up front, but it will last a lot longer.

Mine is a 2002 model, and has never been under roof, and still going strong. was $750 back then, but its on year 17, and still going. Much better than a $250 charbroil every 2-3 years. 

sawguy21

We bought a mid range Sterling, it is alright but doesn't heat evenly so has it's limitations. I had a chance to cook on a Napoleon, what a difference! The steak was cooked perfectly on a lower heat but I would have to use it a lot to justify the price.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!