iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking log turner 1600

Started by tlfort, November 13, 2019, 01:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Is your hyd pump belt slipping? Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Jeff

Since you are asking for help, ill leave this. If it was just to bash, and you are bashing, this would be gone. I suggest you carry on with that in mind.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ladylake

Also if you read on here Every mill will need to be fixed and if you run one you should learn how .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

xlogger

will it rotate log before you slab off the top? I love my log turner on my 2000
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

apm

I've had no problem with the 1600 turner. When yours stops, does the engine strain like the hydraulics are going into relief? Does it rotate freely, both directions with no weight on the chain? 

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

tlfort

Quote from: Jeff on November 13, 2019, 04:56:34 AM
Since you are asking for help, ill leave this. If it was just to bash, and you are bashing, this would be gone. I suggest you carry on with that in mind.

tlfort

Quote from: ladylake on November 13, 2019, 05:14:56 AM

Also if you read on here Every mill will need to be fixed and if you run one you should learn how .  Steve

tlfort

Quote from: apm on November 13, 2019, 08:03:08 AM
I've had no problem with the 1600 turner. When yours stops, does the engine strain like the hydraulics are going into relief? Does it rotate freely, both directions with no weight on the chain?

Greg

SawyerTed

Start with the simple stuff and work up.  First make sure hydraulic oil is full.  Could be your filter.  Could be a kinked or pinched line. Obvious stuff eliminated first before tearing something apart.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

ladylake

Chain turners have their limits of how big a log they will turn, if you read on here a lot have trouble turning big logs and if they have knobs on them its worse..  I geared my chain turner down 1 tooth on the drive motor which gave it way better power. You could set the relief valve pressure higher but then you'd  most likely start breaking things  .Steve

tlfort

Quote from: SawyerTed on November 13, 2019, 09:48:37 AM
Start with the simple stuff and work up.  First make sure hydraulic oil is full.  Could be your filter.  Could be a kinked or pinched line. Obvious stuff eliminated first before tearing something apart.

Jeff

Quote from: tlfort on November 13, 2019, 08:49:17 AM

Feel free to delete if you think I'm bashing. Just speaking the truth and asking for help.

THINK?

I'll tell you one more time. You want help here, remain respectful to everyone that makes that possible here.

I do appreciate your edits to your original  post. Thats  what you should have posted to start with.

alan gage

I have no trouble with my very old B16. The only thing that's stopped me have been some logs in the 4000 pound class. I could lift but not turn. Also some oddly shaped ones. I always turn the log so it's rolling into the stops. If I try to go the other way it tends to jam.

There are times I need to fiddle with it. Sometimes the log jams against the stops and won't turn. If I lower the turner and run the turner away from the stops it will pull the log over a few inches and then I can raise it back up and turn the log by rolling it into the stops. Sometimes I need to do this a couple time before it's turned where I want it.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Jeff

Now we know what kind of guy tk is dealing with. I have the complete original  text, including the slams as he deleted his post after you guys trying to help. Ill go deal with him now. He won't delete any more content

SawyerTed

Some people just can't be helped. SMH
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!