iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cooks HD3238

Started by JacobsonWYO, February 01, 2017, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobsonWYO

Hi all, first time posting.  I have a woodmizer LT15 and am looking at moving up to a hydraulic mill.  Was wondering if anyones running a Cooks HD 32 or comparable saw full time.  I really like the looks of the Cooks saws.  The AC-36 looks like it could be too much saw for a one man operation.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.

paul case

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

I am no help on your question, but if you search the forum by using the search function at the top of the page you will find someone on this forum just towed a new one home not long ago.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, JacobsonWYO!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ReinkeFandS

JacobsonWYO- My wife and I just picked up our HD32. It is an awesome machine and while I don't saw full time with it I see no reason so far that you couldn't as long as it fits your needs (32" diameter, off loading from the front, etc...). If you have any questions about send me a message I would be more than happy to answer anything.
Cooks MP HD3238
Stihl MS 461, MS 261, Homelite SXL
Burnrite 228 OWB
2014 Kubota M6060
1942 Ford 2N

JacobsonWYO

Quote from: ReinkeFandS on February 02, 2017, 09:56:57 AM
JacobsonWYO- My wife and I just picked up our HD32. It is an awesome machine and while I don't saw full time with it I see no reason so far that you couldn't as long as it fits your needs (32" diameter, off loading from the front, etc...). If you have any questions about send me a message I would be more than happy to answer anything.

Thank you.  I sent you a message

kelLOGg

I have the MP32 - same frame but no hydraulics. Very rugged - been using it for 15 yrs. I think you'll be pleased.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Banjo picker

I have an AC 36, and you are right it is more mill than you need if you are running it by yourself.  I had my son helping when we were cutting ties, and even then at times I could have used another hand.  Now its just me cutting for a few customers in my spare time and at times I have to shut the mill down to catch up and I have several roller tables as well.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!