iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FORD F-550 7.3 Powerstroke Auto or Stick????

Started by Ironwood, October 16, 2005, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Thanks Flip. Frank Pender did get an Allison in his F-450 4x4 but it was special order.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

flip

I don't believe it's possible to get an allison.  It will not mate to the 7.3 or the 6.0.  Not trying to start a argument but I have checked all of my Ford resources and I have seen no mention to that trans. in anything smaller than a F-600.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Ironwood

Flip, I am sure Frank will be in on this shortly. He was very specific when  I asked him about this, but perhaps we was sold a bill of goods.

Thanks for your expertise, Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Frank_Pender

Flip, I had my F450 built at the factory.  I ordered it in October of 1999 and it was finally delivered, after it was lost in a railyard in Texas, in March of 2000.

I also have a 1967 F700 Super Duty 10 yard dump truck with an Allison automatic.   That baby only gets 4 miles to the gallon on the flat and 3 on an uphill grade.  :'( I have not checked the millage on the downhill runs.
Frank Pender

Ironwood

WOOOOOOOOOHUUUUUUUUOOOOOOO. Broiught it home tonight.

It ended up being a 2000 not a 1999. I had the truck all day to run around to my mechanics.  The guy wouldn't budge on price but did differ the total payment. I orchestrated a swap for the 15' roll back for a sweet 21' 3200 lb capacity (not extended) knuckle boom. I will be posting several things in the for sale section, including another 12 volt 3400lb telescoping boom and my nice 1996 F-350 12' flat bed with 44,000 original miles.

Thanks for all the input. Reid

ScottAR

Air filter. Wix#46648
Oil filter. Wix# 51734

Check the fuel filter. Wix#33518  About $40.  It's the little bean can under the engine cover.  Flip the little yellow lever to drain the filter and then take the lid off.  Replace the O rings and reinstall.  Simplest system I've ever done. 

Check the coolant for diesel additive Wix#24107 is the tester kit  $25
I forget the additive number but it's called Wixcool.  $6

These are all Wix# as that's what I use and they have the broadest range of filters.  They'll interchange with Fram or your favorite brand.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Ironwood

ScottAR

The coolant has the proper additive so as not to break down the cylinder wall, my mech. checked the unit today and yes a full fleet of filters and an oil change are about to happen tommorrrow. Thanks. My mech. also said the oil pans on these tend to rot out, and it is costly asa the cab needs unbolted and the motor freed from there mounts just to get the pan off. fortunately mine was stored indoors, had I bought a utitlity co. truck that could have been a costly surprise.

Thank You Sponsors!