iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LogRite Scale Stick Engineering Field Change

Started by Ga_Boy, April 04, 2006, 06:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

Dear LogRite;

Last night my wife stumbled on a needed change; from a wifes prespective; to the LogRite scale stick with out the handles.

It seems my stock of LogRite tools were in her way in the garage, she wanted to hang up the scale stick with out the handle but discovered there is no hole in the stick that she could use.

Well this go me to thinking; that does make sense to have a hole in the end so you can hang it up where you can find it.  This is a slippery slope we are on here.  Next thing she will try to do is hang up my Cant Hooks, Peavys and Hookaroons.  I'll let her figure out where to drill the holes in these to hang them up. :D

Mark

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

TexasTimbers

Mercy Sakes man! You don't hang hooks and peavey via a hole!   :o ;)
Here's how ya do it. You have to look close but at the top right you can see a couple of hooks that are well, um, well-hung.  ::) Ya hang 'em the same way ya hang pirates - from their hooks laddy!  ;D

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Pete J

Thanks for the sugestion. I'll run it by our engineering and design department and see what they think. I'm sure they'll come back with some reasoning like strength, prevention of metal fatigue, not compromising the integrity of the tool.........

Or else just drill a hole.

I'll keep you posted!

Bibbyman

Mary's comments were...  She'd like it to be some set lenght long  - like three feet - so she could use it to rough check log length.  Also,  she does not need the little hookey thing on the end as she does not buy bark.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

maple flats

I have already hung my log scale stick and all of my cant hooks. The scale stick has a wide spot at the hook end on both sides, this hangs well between 2 nails about a 1/4" apart with heads removed. The others hang by the grab hook and the handles are rested on another nail (in this case 60p pole barn holds 3 cant hooks) so that the handles are on about a 20-30 degree angle from vertical.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ron Wenrich

I've always used a collapsable Doyle stick.  Its built like a foot rule, so it is prone to breakage.  They expand to 4', so its fairly easy to measure lengths.  They also have a hook that swivels, so that it lies to the side for those of us who don't use it.

I think Biltmore sticks have a hole in the end.  Usually you put a leather shoe lace in there and hang it like that.  Its also helpful if you're in slippery conditions to put it around your wrist.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!