iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

snow way

Started by woodmills1, October 23, 2003, 04:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

it started snowing about an hour ago, way too early for the second year in a row.  It is still dark so I will try for a picture later. :'(
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

David_c

hey woodmills1 it started snowing yesterday afternoon but did'nt start to acumilate till about 7pm right now i have about 2" and still snowing.

pappy

Just saw the weather update  we're supposed to get between 5" and 7" in the next 24 hrs.  The last 4" we got is only half gone  :(
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

MrMoo

Woodmills,
Ya I'm just a bit north of you. It started about a half hour later here. I don't like seeing this.

woodmills1

no, the memory of last years constant snow fall is still too fresh in my mind.  Along with the broken brake lines, leaky gas tank and heater core of the plow truck that required attention while plowing better than once a week. :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

David_c

funny thing is i was in wichester picking up my new ms460 8) they had no snow . Just 8 miles from my house.

isawlogs

Well I'm not to happy about the snow eather ,we did not get any yet but.....it will come  >:(

Got the plow and the sander all together and working , after redoing the wiring that some criter had taken some bits and peaces for some  ??? reason .

Welded a plate over the back dash on the flat bed of the pick-up for the flasher and managed to blow out the rear window of sead pick-up  :-[ All it took was one little bit of flus that fell off and hit the window wile I was welding and bingo instant air conditioning . Now I have plastic and duck tape  ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

I just hate repairs that go bad maybe we should just talk about food :D

Kevin

isawlogs

It's an honor to have one of ones hero cheering for ya. ;)
  Duck tape never leave home without it .... ya never knowwhen one would need it  ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

special : :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :DD

bull

Hmmmmmm  SNOW  I smell money 8)
 plowing ...... frozen ground and snow = good skidding and clean logs !!!!!........   and the phone is ringing off the hook for cord wood ----- I guess snow means winters on the way !!!!
Bring it on...... Put another log on the fire !!

DanG

SNOW!?  Yer gotta be kidding. Now I feel almost feel guilty fer sittin' here eatin' these two tomato sandwiches, from tomatoes picked YESTERDAY. ;D
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

Must be nice to have so many tomatoes that you can put two in a sandwich! :D :D :D

Kevin

The truth is, he picked them from a basket he brought home from the grocery store the day before.

DanG

Oh ye of little faith......

Actually some friends lease their land to a tomato grower, 'bout 75 acres, or so. They are picking the fall crop right now in this area. ;D  They only pick the green ones, and the "pinks", so the ones that get too ripe for shipping are left behind. Us few priveleged characters who have access to a field make out like a bandit. My son-in-law and I can pick a pick-up load in under an hour.  We'll can some, give away some, and feed the rest to the hogs.
Surprisingly, these commercial 'maters are just as good as home-grown if allowed  to ripen on the vine.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

An enterprising young son-in--law could take a truck load 50 miles away and sell them on the side of the road for some healthy spending money. ;D    100% profit is hard to beat. 8)

We have vegetable markets here where the proprietor buys stuff at the farmer's market and resells it from under roof.  They will buy quantities of ripened stuff from you.  A lot of my old-timers sell to them from their gardens.

DanG

Bleeeve me, we've thought about that, Tom. Problem is, the major stipulation to our access is that we don't sell them.  :-/

Tom

Shucks!  Bummer :-X

There is an organization called Second Harvest that used to go through harvested fields and give the produce to old folks homes, homeless shelters and the like.   If you wanted to do a public service, perhaps you could share some of your bounty that way and still stay within the "stipulations fo access". :)

It's hard to see stuff like that plowed under, isn't it?

DanG

Second Harvest, as well as other charities, get all they can handle locally. The fruit that is available is too ripe to ship well. It has occurred to me that these organizations could set up portable canneries to capture a lot of leftovers in all kinds of produce industries. I guess it is just too much for them to think about. ???  They won't take home canned products, either.
Working with the food concession at the Masters every year,  I help load out thousands of leftover sandwiches for Second Harvest and the Salvation Army. We still end up tossing a lot of them after those folks get all they can use. :-/

Thank You Sponsors!