iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new makita chainsaw fouling the sparkplug (fixed)

Started by 47sawdust, June 24, 2021, 07:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I have a new Makita 50cc saw that is giving me trouble.
It won't start and when I pull the plug it is fouled.After drying the plug and blowing out the cylinder with compressed air I can install the plug and it starts right up.Go back later and it won't start.The muffler is also filthy with oil.
The dealer has adjusted the the jets but no improvement.
My gas/oil mix is to Makita specs and I use Husky oil for my mix.
I have a 43cc Makita that uses the same fuel and it starts first time ,everytime.
It's going back to the dealer on Monday. 60 mile round trip is getting old.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

lxskllr

Sounds like a carburetor issue to me. Does your dealer seem like he knows his way around small engines? I'd suggest taking it to someone closer, but you shouldn't have to do that with a new saw. The dealer should fix(adjust?) it, or replace it.

Tacotodd

Unless you bought it from a box store. That's going to be a different issue.
Trying harder everyday.

sawguy21

Are you following the proper starting procedure? I suspect you are over choking. When cold choke then pull until it burps once. Open the choke then pull again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

47sawdust

Having a little humble pie here this morning.
Grandpa Bonehead decided to reread the starting instructions (why would a grown man do that?)
Saw woke right up and ran fine. Owner was embarrassed.
Thank you Sawguy21
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lxskllr

It happens. My first day with my first echo, I threw a chain, and couldn't get the clutch cover back on after reseating it. I played with that an embarrassing long time, including disassembling the chainbrake. Who knew the chainbrake had to be disengaged to work under the cover?! Probably says that somewhere in the manual, but I still haven't verified it for myself  :^D

Tacotodd

@lxskllr I had done something similar to your issue on my 351 Husqvarna when it was fairly new. The auto chain brake engagement occurred, but I didn't know it, I thought something BAD wrong had happened. So, like (at that time) any reasonable new chainsaw owner would do, I started the diagnostic process by taking off the bar side plate off. Well, that's when my first learning of what to do when an inertial chain break happens to do! Imagine what I went through to get the side plate off! You for certain know. I've read your post on your response to it. Life has gotten considerably easier for me since then. The chain break bar is one of the first places that I look at for ANYTHING now, just because how easy it is to do!
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!