iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FS560 metallic clanking noise in blade head

Started by medved, July 26, 2021, 08:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medved

Hey all,

A question for you FS560 owners. I just finally got mine and have put a few tanks through it. I am noticing that there is a metallic clanking sound in the blade head when it's spinning slowly or idling, almost like the noise of a loose chain linkage. I've taken the blade assembly off and everything is tight, so I am wondering if the sound is just normal for whatever gearing mechanism it uses or if you have any recommendations.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a ways out from a dealer and would like not to have downtime on the saw from bringing it in for diagnosis, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
B.

ladylake

My Solo weedwacker has that sound coming from the clutch.  It's normal as it had a sticker on its when new saying it would do that.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SwampDonkey

It's normal sounds. That saw is tough, a clutch or a drive shaft will go before an angle gear. I ran one 7 years, and cut 80-100 acres a year on it and never blew an angle gear. Carry on, and walk it to'er. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

medved

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 27, 2021, 01:30:03 PM
It's normal sounds. That saw is tough, a clutch or a drive shaft will go before an angle gear. I ran one 7 years, and cut 80-100 acres a year on it and never blew an angle gear. Carry on, and walk it to'er. :)
Excellent! She's definitely a beast, feels like maybe best built Stihl tool I've owned. Got about 100 acres of dense unmanaged alders calling my name so I'll get back to it now ;D

mike_belben

Be certain your saw blade is tight to the arbor.  Loose blade nut will make a rattly ugly sound. 
Praise The Lord

medved

Quote from: mike_belben on July 27, 2021, 11:09:40 PM
Be certain your saw blade is tight to the arbor.  Loose blade nut will make a rattly ugly sound.
Yes that was my main concern the first time I heard it, but I pulled the blade and retorqued and everything is nice and tight  8)

Thank You Sponsors!