iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 372XP vs. jonsered turbo 2165

Started by Vmaxsxt, September 29, 2005, 11:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vmaxsxt

how do these two saws compare? Power ,Handling etc.

chainsaw_louie

I'd add to your question -

1. how do the warrantee's compare ? .  Read the small print.

2. what is the track record of each dealer in providing warrantee coverage vs blaming the user?

Actually, I think  Husqvarna and Jonsered are both owned by the same parent company: Electrolux

Tim

ehp

the 2165 is pretty much the same as the husky 365 so the 372 would have more power and the weight is the same for both saws,

Corley5

2171 Jonsered is comparable to the 372 Husky
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Barkman

I have a Jonsered 2171 and have been happy with it.  It is fairly light and cuts really well.  I also own 2 Huskys, an older 266 and a Rancher 55.  You should be aware that Jonsered and Husqvarna are the same company.  The division they belong to was recently spun off by Electrolux, their former parent company, so it remains to be seen if they will suffer from no longer having big corporate backing for R&D.  However, the only other choices I am aware of in this quality and size of saw are Stihl or Dolmar.  I think the big thing you have to look at is which dealer in your area you are most comfortable dealing with.

Vmaxsxt

I was wondering because a friend has the turbo and he said he could out cut my 372xp because he uses a file jig and I don't .Thanks

twoodward15

yeah, but don't you drive a chevy???  That'd make yours faster any day. :D :D

Sounds like it's a"my mom can beat up your mom" battle going on.  I used to do that when I was a kid, too ;D ;D

Sorry, I just had to do that.  It really made me laugh and I need that today.  Have a great weekend and make sure you come out ahead in the sawing battles!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

jokers

Quote from: Vmaxsxt on September 30, 2005, 11:39:45 AM
I was wondering because a friend has the turbo and he said he could out cut my 372xp because he uses a file jig and I don't .Thanks

Maybe you`re a better freehand filer than he is a jigger?

Russ

timberjack240

yea that filin thing he sed is a croc. if you know what yur doin without the jig you can get em jsut as sharp or sharper f you know what yur doin. i use a gauge and my pap done and ill cut with paps saw anyday over mine. expierience plays a lot with that factor though  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!