iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Instant message clean up

Started by Jeff, July 06, 2006, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

smiley_old_guy  Done the Deed
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

UNCLEBUCK

OK dump away , I got rid of all my love letters to asy  laugh_at
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Dan_Shade

no love letters here, not sure that I want any that can flip an 900 lb cant!   but then again... these days, it may be welcome!

i got three important ones that need saved!  thanks for the notice, Jeff!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bill

Just purged myself   ;D   - DanG  'puter  keeping all that trash

SwampDonkey

I thought I'de better make a follow-up note to by first thread. I cleaned out my messages and posted the message and thought I'de try some new smilies. ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Ok, I'm done.

I cleaned out, and now I've got 6 messages there. They's important ones.

I deleted all the messages from da boss tellin' me what's what around da forum.  :)

I deleted all the messages from Roxie, keepin' me up to date with all the info around da forum.  :D

I deleted all the messages from Tom, nicely explainin' what's what around da USA.  ???

I deleted all the love letters from Buck, but not before I saved them all.  :-*

I deleted all the messages from everyone else.  :'(

I'm ready to go. Except the 6 I kept.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bibbyman

I once heard a story about Henry Ford.  Apparently he kept every scrap of correspondence – no matter how trivial. After 20-30 years it filled a warehouse.  One day his sectary sent him a memo asking if they could purge some of it.  He sent the memo back that it'd be OK .... but make a copy of everything first.  ::)

I had about a dozen that contained "open business" and I cut, pasted them into a Word document and saved that.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

pappy

I was under the impression we could keep a minimum of twenty messages in there  :P

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Jeff

If you mean maximum, thats the way the old system was. 20

On this system I can set the amount or leave it unlimited. I now find that unlimited "Might" have an adverse effect on how the system works since most of us just let the bottomless boxes become big storage bins, myself included. I clean mine every few weeks but I get an unreal amount of messages and they add up fast.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

IL Bull

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

pappy

oops I did mean "maximum" sorry   ::)

and I've been so good at keeping just the im po tant ones... ;) oh well things do need a changin' some times...

Server disk space does cost and I would imagine cleaning out the closets will be a saveings...

Guts mine taken care of...
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Jeff

Its not so much the cost, in fact its not that at all. We are having some "issues" with the system apparently and I am trying to tweak it out and find whats going on.  Sounds like so far that cleaning out messages is helping performance of the messaging system.

oakiemac

I tought we were limited to just 20??
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

wiam

I have one.  Do I need to dump it?

Will

iain

There you go i dumped my 6 after writing down the info ;D
then read the "you can keep 20" bit ::)

so i did all that writing for nowt >:(
(two phone numbers) :D

iain

iain

There you go i dumped my 6 after writing down the info ;D
then read the "you can keep 20" bit ::)

so i did all that writing for nowt >:(
(two phone numbers) :D

iain

SwampDonkey

I see the double posting still works.  yikes_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I never said you could keep 20. :D    In the old forum software there was a 20 message limit. you can get as many as you want but the storage was only 20. Thats what others have mentioned.  Right now we have quite a decrease in the total amount of data stored in the instant message tables, and if that continues, I wont need to set any phisical limits.

VA-Sawyer

I was feeling guilty till I read about the Boss having 6000 IM's !  I only had about 75/75 in my inbox/outbox. Cleaned it down to 24/2. Hope it helps.
VA-Sawyer

Jeff

I get upwards somedays of over 100 a day. If I answer each one, which I TRY to do, that is another 100 in the outbox. So, if I get 100, reply to a hundred, and the people that sent me messages each are keeping a copy in thier out boxes, that can amount to 400 copies a day just becasue of correspondance with me. 

brdmkr

All done.  Thanks for the heads-up.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!