iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Dual Tooth Setter

Started by Cypress Man, April 26, 2012, 09:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress Man

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since my last post but things have gotten very busy at our sawmill in the last month or so. The rain has finally slowed down and things are drying up good in Central Louisiana. The weather has been great to work in and the orders have been pouring in.  I just ordered a new Woodmizer Automatic Dual Tooth setter.  I have always ran Woodmizer 1 1/4" x .055 x 10 degree blades.  After getting dull I would sharpen them on  a Woodmizer CBN sharpener but never sett them.  They would only last 1 or 2 sharpenings and then break.  The new setter is very easy to set up and operate.  It will set my blades in less than 2 minutes.  Before setting my blades they were around 21-23 thousands.  Now I set them to 28-30 thousands. They seem to be running much better and in less strain.  I will keep everyone updated with my progress.   
LT70 wide head electric, IC5 Power conveyor, transfer table, Stop and Load Log Deck, Catapiller 360B Telehandler, Cat tl642c Teleloader, Cat TH514 Telehandler, Woodmizer EG400 edger, Logosol PH360 moulder, Extrema 26" Planner, Grizzly 16" dual conveyor resaw, Prentice 285 log loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sounds like every things falling into place CM. Glad to hear about your new toy. Your new setter will pay off.
Keep us posted!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I assume that your main product is Cypress lumber.  Do you have a consistent supply for Cypress logs?  Are you portable or stationary?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!