iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

why is it so hard?

Started by drobertson, August 16, 2015, 12:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

to rule out the most simple obvious problems regarding dc voltage and ignition issues on lawnmowers?
I did all the trouble shooting, checking switches, went so far as to replace the solenoid and key switch on my rider. still intermittent on turning over.  Well yesterday was the straw that broke the back, I told Christy I was going to find it, jumping across the starter was getting old, this morning I pulled the deck back off and went to looking (again) voltmeter and all.  Any guesses?  yep, loose ground from the seat safety switch,  looked as if it has never been on, maybe hooked to the end of brake linkage, not sure, but its on now and we're back to normal.  As normal as this can be with me :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

So the problem was before your eyes under your butt the entire time.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Quote from: Magicman on August 16, 2015, 02:57:08 PM
So the problem was before your eyes under your butt the entire time.   :D :D
yes it was :D but very hidden,  crazy for sure, but goes to show how simple most things are.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

yukon cornelius

They are just like that sometimes. I chased a problem in a truck 2 straight days that seemed to be in everything. It started with the door buzzer coming on when I hit the brakes. Then itseemed to shift into other systems as i ruled each one out. Finally ended right at the computer with 2 slightly mouse chewed wires. Glad you got it fixed!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

21incher

Murphy's law:  The last wire that you check will be the cause of your problem. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

r.man

I have had two tricky fixes lately that were wires in lugs but not under the screw. Wire looks good, lug tests tight and in the one case the wire even felt good, but the connection was intermittent. It is always good to find something, not just have it start working after you have been working on it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!