iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad News

Started by boscojmb, January 28, 2023, 11:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscojmb

Longtime forum member bandmiller2 (Frank C.) passed away Wednesday morning.

Frank was a great mentor to myself and hundreds of others in the local area. From the mid 1980's on There where many projects that over the years that I would not have dared to try, if Frank was not a phone call, 5 minute drive, or a 45 minute walk away.

Frank was a great mentor to hundreds, if not more here on the forum.

Here is a link to his obituary:

Ginley Funeral Homes - Franklin and Medway, MA - Obituaries
John B.

Log-Master LM4

customsawyer

Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent to his family and friends.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

Sad news indeed.
Time marches on and the world loses another knowledgeable and sharing mind .
Condolences to his family and all of his friends here on the Forum.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

beenthere

May he rest in peace.. prayers up for the family.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Glad you guys had some good times! 🙏

barbender

Thank you for letting us know. I always enjoyed Frank's posts a lot, you could tell he had the practical knowledge of someone who had been there, done that.

For instance, something off the top of my head- there was a post where there was a debate going on over what band blade profile was best. There were a lot of fancy theories as to why this degree, or this gullet shape, was the ultimate. I just remember Frank said, "sharp and set carries the mail", and that was the kind of no nonsense, practical, and get it done wisdom you could always expect from him.

I'm glad I was able to interact and get to know Frank in some small way here, and my prayers are with his family and friends.

Too many irons in the fire

Don P

Those are my memories of Frank, I enjoyed seeing when he had written something. The real thing and I'm happy we got to talk through the years even if just in this way.

Bert

RIP bandmiller. You were a huge help to me dialing in a power unit years ago. Still applying the knowledge you shared.
Saw you tomorrow!

Magicman

Yes this is indeed sad news to read about Frank C, passing.  I offer my Sincere Condolences to his family.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

B.C.C. Lapp

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and his friends, of which it seems Frank had some good ones.  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Jim_Rogers

I think I met him once face to face at another member's site when he (the other member) first got a sawmill.
Sorry to hear of his passing.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

moodnacreek

Boscjmb, thanks the bad news. Frank C. was my favorite member.

Hilltop366

Sorry to hear this I had noticed he has been absent from the forum for a while, like barbender said he had a way to see through all the clutter and come up with a simple and practical solution.  

Larry

RIP Frank.  I enjoyed your posts and will miss you.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Last night, after hearing about his passing, I went back to his original postings beginning in 2007. Quite interesting to review what Frank C wrote. Unfortunate that he didn't conquer the pic posting.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

kelLOGg

I learned a lot from his posts, too. It's a loss to the forum as well as his friends, family.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

terrifictimbersllc

I enjoyed his posts too. Sorry to hear. My sympathy to his family.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

doc henderson

A great loss to us, his family and community.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

barbender

Been there, I think I might have even prayed for Frank to learn to post pics a time or two!😊 I wanted to see some of the stuff he built and described.
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Prayer for his family 
I always enjoyed his post
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

I am sorry for his passing and pray his family finds peace.

SwampDonkey

Condolences to his family and friends. I never really got to know him well like some of you with mills. Glad he was here to share his knowledge.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cutterboy

Yes, sad. Frank was one of my favorites.

Sleep well old sawyer.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Brad_bb

Sad.  Happening too much lately, or rather ones we know on the forum.  Everybody go to your regular doctor's appt.  and make sure they know what they are doing.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!