iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by Tom, April 20, 2002, 02:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

How many know that there is a message announcer on the forum?

If you go to messages and click on that little icon of a hammer and wrench on the right hand side, you will be presented with options for a voice announcement of new messages.  

It's pretty cool and I change mine every now and again so I can laugh at something else.

Jeff's got lots of little do-dads around and around that you can take advantage of if you are a member and if you snoop around and hang around long enough.  

Filling out the profile is pretty important as a member too.  There is really nothing required that would make a "net-phobe" worry and it sure helps foresters and other members to answer questions or understand your dialogue if you have indicated a geographic home and age.  Heck just a ballpark figure is better than nothing.

We've go some young fellows on here that we look forward to their posts and some old codgers that are fun to listen too but a lot of the enjoyment gets lost if you miss the introduction.  With a filled profile, even the new guys will know to whom they are talking . :)  I've wished before that the profiles were even a bit more extensive and included a place where one could talk about himself a little.  Something he could change once in a while.  

It would be neat to know that somebody liked fishing or hiking, or surfing, or raced cars or chased girls or
 ......might even be a girl, for God's sake. :D

All you have to do to find out about someone is click on their name.

Bud Man

Amen to filling out the profiles, can't respond to a lot of posts with out knowing where it comes from at least regionally speaking.  Some might feel me not responding is a blessing though,  Eh ?  One night I had left the puter on the net and wife came in to play game and was about to sit down to play and message center came on to Captain Kirk saying : Stand by to receive an important  message- She jumped about a foot    :D  Made my day !
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Ron Scott

Concur on the profile information. It is especially helpful to know one's location to provide and retrieve information.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!