iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Think you got bad weather???

Started by Coon, January 10, 2007, 05:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Mr Weatherman said yesterday that there was a slight chance for blizzard like conditions for most of Saskatchewan's regions.  Guess he had a bit of a clue because this is what we got today.
The first one is out the kitchen doorway.

I got brave and went out to see how bad it really was.  "God hates a coward," as they say. This next one is just leaving down the drive towards our neighbors.  Lloyd's house is only about 75 yards from where I took the picture from.

I took a picture of the doorway to the garage that I used for comparing the storm later in the day.  It's kinda funny how I use the doorway to tell the weather.  The doorway always seems to blow in with snow.  The more the snow the worse the weather.  This one was around 9 am this morning.

Here it is at 4pm.

The wind has seemed to have died down a little now , but is dumping a bunch more snow.

I had to rescue our little dog this morning also.  Her doghouse literally blew full of snow.  I had to shovel out the snow and give her a new bale of hay to lay on.  I also banked her house with snow and leaned my hommade patio table to block the doorway some.  Yup, I was definately in the doghouse today and it wasn't fun.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Bibbyman

Just keep it all up there.... ! ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Coon

The white stuff is free for the taking.  You pay the shipping.  Loading is free.

sprucebunny

I like that first picture, Coon ;D

We sure could use some of that weather around here. I miss winter  :(
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Don_Papenburg

I probably won't get snow now that I have the snow blower and the chains on the  garden tractor.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

SwampDonkey

Coon, your doing a good job so far keeping the snow westward. I'll try not to fall on my way to the shop on our crusty 2 ". ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

I think someone better send me some snowshoes. ;D  Oh yeah........... Department of Highways are on strike the mail truck'll never get here.  They'd have to send them by dogsled otherwise.

I bet by morning the snow in front of the garage door is about 1 foot below the top of the door.   ;D

I pity the poor wildlife in this kind of weather.  Thankfully the elk and deer out at our farm have plenty of feed.  ::)

thecfarm

SD,that's just about what we got out of that last storm too.Five minute away to the south they got half an inch.Drive ten more and you won't find any.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

There's some kind of winter carnival suppose to take place in Fredericton. The committee or whoever in charge has secured $50,000 from the government to truck in snow for it.  ::) They got a long way to go get that snow. I don't think the $50,000 is going to be enough. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

About 4 years ago I think it was, my aunt had to climb out a window to get out of the house. The front door was snowed it and wind packed.

Ironwood

Well, I used to love the winter and snow, Back country skiing, winter camping, ice climbing. Now my favorite winter weather is when the snow is rolling off the roof into the gutter and down the down spout.  ;D It is nice for awhile, but too much of my work is outside these days. Sure looks pretty though.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Coon

Swamp you should tell them to come and get all they want.  Gotta pay their own trucking. :D :D

fuzzybear

You guys should try it up here!  It's a cool -42c with a nice breeze to bring the wind chill down to about -55c.  Only nice thing is we only have 5 more months to go till we have our 4 months of spring, summer and fall combined.   But at least the sun will be out 24 hours instead of the moon being out that long.   8)
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

PineNut

Always felt snow was nice when you could stay inside and watch it and only go outside when you wanted to. But when you have to get out in it and mess with vehicles whether you want to or not, then it is something else. No, I have not lived here in MS all my life.

Sprucegum

Gotta love those blizzards!

I just pulled a double shift 'cause none of the other guys could get to work. Most of them drive in from the country, I walk 6 blocks - and it was a long, tough 6 today.

Coon

We are all lucky that we didn't get the weather that Dawson Creek, BC got.  From what I hear you can buy a snow shovel, snow blower, or anything else to move snow.  I forget just how much snow they got but we didn't get nothing compared to them.

sawguy21

Yup, we are getting the winter our grandparents told us they had when they were kids. :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

Sawguy, that's what I am affraid of.  I have seen pics that were taken years ago when the snow was over the telephone lines.  I remember hearing stories upon stories of people shovelling tunnels right from the doorway of the house to the barn etc, etc, etc,.  I don't want that much but............. if we gotta ahve it we might as well have er now. 

Actually I'd like to see it bu not live it.... :D :D  if you know what I mean ???

Ironwood

Well, sounds like adventure is being had up North. I tell my wife this year is a Tennessee winter in Pennsylvania, most of the time above the 30's and some days a little rain, but alot of sunshine too. Last night was 18 degrees, no big deal for you northerners. I would need one of those "artic bubbles" you see on the Learning Channel to work outside my shop. BBRRRRR.

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Coon

There's no more blizzard today but it's definately cold enough to freeze a squirrel's nuts. :D :D

Paul_H

My daughter lives over near Medicine Hat, Alberta and she said it was nippy there too.Last night the dog was yelping and they went out to see what the matter was.The dog is young and dense and tried to squeeze out the gate and it's nose stuck on the metal.It panicked and tore a bit of skin off   :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Gonna start getting cold here by saturday. I mean down below 0 ° F (-17.5 ° C). Was rather nippy today to handling cold lumber in the barn with bare hands and thin cotton sweater. Good thing I could open the shop door and go in to warm up.  ;D Once in there for awhile, had to leave the door open, too hot.  smiley_sweat_drop  ::)  :D :D

Sprucegum

Real bad news for some folks ; a couple got stuck 1/2 mile from their house and tried to walk the rest of the way during the worst of the blizzard. They both froze to death 200 yards from the house.

Sad to say people have forgotten how to "be prepared".

Coon

Young dogs got to live and learn too.  Got a dog prob here I gotta try and solve.  Long story short the dog owner wants me to pepper the dog butt full of buckshot the next time it's here tearing into garbage bags.  Can't even put a bag out on the doorstep for a few minutes till you're ready to go outside and the neat-o dogs are into it.  Things must smell it for a 1/4 mile away.

Ahh just wait Swamp.  I sent some real nice weather your way..............

Nice and COLD.
:D :D :D

PineNut

When I was in SW Ohio a number of years ago, had two people die in a car right in front of a house during a blizzard. Feel sure that they didn't even know that the house was there.

Thank You Sponsors!