Main Menu

Sponsors:

Started by Ron Wenrich, December 29, 2006, 09:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

I voted 'a little worse'.

Of course, much of an applicable answer would be directly related to what is actually meant by, "economy".

For some, the "economy" will probably be 'better'.  For the nation of People, it will be a little worse.  What I see as a viable "economy" is the USD the People can earn and what it can/will provide.

Indebtedness is astronomical with the 'average person', and because of the grasping in of so much more when recent interest rates were at 'all time lows', it is stupendously astronomical.  Now, however, rates are higher and continuing to rise quite notably.  A very unbalanced proportion of the average USD of the average person pays interest collected by the lenders.  Were this money to be appropriately instated into the "economy" (development=jobs), then it might be a little better.  But, recent history/indicators relate that most will go to a very small proportion of the top of corporate/government structure.  

Unfortunately/fortunately, only the People who are at the very bottom are aware, significantly and realistically, of the vast proportion of society who exists there.
Cities 'hide' millions of the People who exist off the chart below poverty level.  

These ARE part of the nation, yet are not given significant bearing on what is generally noted as the "economy".  When we speak of prices of housing, money markets, interest, etc., these things have no direct bearing and insignificant indirect bearing millions of the People within our economic whole.

Millions of the People are, for all practical purpose, forced to work for 6-9 USD per hr.  Far, far below "poverty level", and any practical manner of 'living' whatsoever.

I believe we tend to overlook the number of corporations who, in the last year or so, have dropped tens of thousands of their employees.

Interest, taxes, price of living (goods/services) are all increasing significantly.  Are average and below average (the majority of the People) wages increasing exponentially?   Not even nearly so.

Mainstream publications, commentary, rhetoric are not going to view/relate matters in this perspective.  It is not conducive to their 'selling points'.

Personally, I do not find this perspective at all gloomy.  I just believe it to be objective.
I have to be, within myself, as objective as I possibly can in order to get a good, overall view to initiate and implement my own considerations.

Except for a couple of times (which were meaningfully disasterous)(feds getting into the silver market, most notably), my investments have always been in my own business(es).

Frankly, candidly and with painful honesty, I am not concerned with what the "economy" does.  As it is said, "I don't care if syrup goes to a dollar a sop".  :D

At the house fixing me something to eat the other night after I got in, kinda dancing around and singing and the wife asked what I was so happy about.  
I was home! and about to sit down and eat me something!  (just doesn't take much for us to be ecstatic, I reckon)    smiley_divide
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Rocky_Ranger

Well that's what I thought too, distillers mash and just like a moonshiner but somebody said there is a dry method.  I've fed distillers mash quite abit before, just pay for a little water in the mix is all.
RETIRED!

DanG

This is just a wild a$$ guess in the middle of a rainy night. ::)  If you look at the basic process of distillation, it is just evaporating the liquid from a fermenting mass of mash, right?  I'm guessing that they are just continuing to evaporate liquid from it until the mash is dry, sorta like ya do yer wood in yer kiln.  Maybe. ??? ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ron Wenrich

Alcohol evaporates at a lower point than water.  If memory serves me correctly, alcohol evaporates at 167°.  So, if you keep your temperatures low enough, the alcohol comes off and the water stays behind.

I looked into the alcohol thing back in the '70s.  What I found is that you can make things run with a lot lower proof than what most people think.  You can use a whiskey proof for home heating.  You don' t need that high of a proof even to run cars of the day.  I always figured you needed a higher proof when you mixed it with gasoline.  Too low of a proof would end up with water in the alcohol and that wouldn't mix with the gasoline.  Remove the gasoline from the mix, and the proof requirements go down.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Faron

http://www.grainprocessing.com/This company uses a wet milling process.  Most of their by product is corn gluten feed.  I think the by product of the ethanol plants will be distillers grains.  In checking on corn gluten, I found it is considered a natural herbicide for use around homes. ???  I don't know of a dry process, although the by product can be dried and pelletized so it will keep.  You can also buy it wet, which is much cheaper, if you can manage it and use it quickly enough to prevent spoilage.  I read an article the other day saying most of the plants were planned figuring they would have to landfill the by product.  In other words whatever they can sell is just gravy.  I am betting secondary business will develop to use this material for purposes other than feeding livestock, perhaps as a component in insulation or construction material.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Fla._Deadheader

As Den would say "think Vacuum". Lower heat, better recovery, easier dried.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ed_K

Oh happy days  8) .Found out yesterday that the BILs sold the farm. The Autobon got it an sold the biggest contiguous piece to the Fish & Wildlife.The cows are gone on tuesday to a new & better home  ;) .
Ed K

Ed_K

hey don't stop now  :( don't leave me hanging here I don't wana be a thread killer  :o .
Ed K

farmerdoug

Ed_K,

We are just thinking about all the fresh steaks that will be coming on the market soon. digin_2

I will say at least it will not be a subdivision.  I hope the F&W will manage it well. ::)

Was this your family farm?

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Ed_K

Brother in Laws, Rita is the youngest sister to them.
Ed K