OntarioAl

Folks
I would like to prepare and cook some 
Cheers
Al
Al Raman

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beenthere

Pan fried or deep fried??  Much prefer pan fried, but seems not on anyone's menu these days.

Al; What does "cook" mean? baked, fried (deep or pan), boiled, rotisserie, grilled ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OntarioAl

WV Sawmiller
That's exactly what i was looking for
Thanks
Al
Al Raman

WV Sawmiller

If you can't find her house seasoning I'd substitute salt. black pepper and maybe some powdered paprika. Don't be shy with the black pepper either.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WLzM1A

B4 you roll it in whichever dust you choose. rub the meat with a thin layer of mayo first.  Trust me, its worth it.
Echo CS-310
Stihl 034 AV
Stihl MS250
Stihl 025
Echo CS-8000
Stihl 011 AVT
Stihl 066 Magnum
Dolmar PS-401
McCulloch MAC 160S
McCulloch Power Mac 6
Homelite Super EZ  X2
Homelite 330
Sears H58D
Whitehead 180 wall hanger

Lone Elm British Labrador Retrievers
AKC Fox Red and Black
Veteran Owned

Raider Bill

Quote from: WLzM1A on January 05, 2024, 04:10:09 AM
  B4 you roll it in whichever dust you choose. rub the meat with a thin layer of mayo first.  Trust me, its worth it.
Not mayo, Dukes!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

plantita

Since you're looking to cook up some fried chicken, have you considered trying Korean fried chicken aka chimaek? I know South Korea is famous for its delicious food. When I visited there last year, my guide from https://gowithguide.com/korea recommended checking out the Mangwon market - that's where I tried Chimaek for the first time. It was seriously the best fried chicken I've ever had. If you're feeling adventurous, you should look up a recipe for chimaek online. I've also attached a link to a delicious-looking recipe you can follow https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/korean-chimaek-recipe/0msm6u5h

P.S. It's best paired with beer!  :wink_2:

Texas Ranger

Air fryer works really well on chicken, and less mess.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: plantita on March 13, 2024, 05:05:59 AMSince you're looking to cook up some fried chicken, have you considered trying Korean fried chicken aka chimaek? I know South Korea is famous for its delicious food. When I visited there last year, my guide from https://gowithguide.com/korea recommended checking out the Mangwon market - that's where I tried Chimaek for the first time. It was seriously the best fried chicken I've ever had. If you're feeling adventurous, you should look up a recipe for chimaek online. I've also attached a link to a delicious-looking recipe you can follow https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/korean-chimaek-recipe/0msm6u5h

P.S. It's best paired with beer!  :wink_2:

I came back from Okinawa Christmas of 1986 through Osan Korea and was there Christmas Eve watching everybody celebrating and the women were wearing beautiful, bright colored, traditional clothing.

I picked up a local guide wanting to practice his English (or a NK spy??) and asked him about the things I saw. We went in a local cafe and I filled up and offered to buy him dinner. He declined there but said he'd prefer another place so I filled up on Bulgogi and lots of raw garlic rolled in Spinach leaves. After we left we went to a KFC place and I got him a meal of the Colonels best. There is no accounting for tastes sometimes. :wink_2: 

Howard Green

Rhodemont

I traveled to India several times to help a partner set up equipment.  The driver taking me north to Solan  where the plant was each time asked if I wanted to stop at Mc Donald's for lunch each time.  No beef, I thought it lousy but for him it was an extra special treat.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Southside

If you want flavor you can't beat an older laying hen that has been slow cooked, especially one that was outdoors eating bugs and grass her whole life.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Larry

Quote from: Southside on March 17, 2024, 08:58:07 PMslow cooked
For a laying hen, you must mean pressure cooked all day......
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

plantita

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 13, 2024, 05:35:46 PMI came back from Okinawa Christmas of 1986 through Osan Korea and was there Christmas Eve watching everybody celebrating and the women were wearing beautiful, bright colored, traditional clothing.

I picked up a local guide wanting to practice his English (or a NK spy??) and asked him about the things I saw. We went in a local cafe and I filled up and offered to buy him dinner. He declined there but said he'd prefer another place so I filled up on Bulgogi and lots of raw garlic rolled in Spinach leaves. After we left we went to a KFC place and I got him a meal of the Colonels best. There is no accounting for tastes sometimes. :wink_2:

Wow, thanks for sharing your story from Korea! It's so fascinating to hear about experiences from decades past. I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since the 80s, but the traditions you described around Christmas time still hold true. And it's not too surprising your guide preferred local fare to KFC - Korean food really is the best.

WV Sawmiller

The local guy wanted and got KFC. I got the local food from a hole in the wall joint.
Howard Green

Larry

Tried a new one yesterday. Marinated chicken breast for 4 hours in Olive Garden Italian salad dressing. Rolled in store bought chicken batter and popped in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.

It was easy prep, fast cooking, fast cleanup, and I made enough for a couple more meals. A side benefit was the chicken was really good with a unique taste! Full disclosure, I don't like cooking unless its very easy. Also I'm not even close to a good cook. :wacky:
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!