New Cant Hook Grip

Started by Magicman, August 09, 2017, 08:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Grouch, You will enjoy your Logrite!  Just ordered one!?!

maple flats

Like Magicman says, Logrites really like being with family, I have 4 and they always get along together well.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

WV Sawmiller

At the big Lewsisburg WV fairgrounds flea market yesterday I had 2 different sawyers say they needed to buy new cant hook handles from the local handles dealers there. I told them both to save the time and money and call Logrite and talk to Tammy. We wrote down the company and Tammy's name down so they'd remember. Hopefully they heed the advice.

I am not far from having to replace the grips on my Logrite too. It is very sturdy but with enough abuse you can tear one up. You can even bend one if you cut a big enough tree on top of it. :D (Still works fine though.)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Brad_bb

I got my new grip installed using MM's Technique. I covered the front hole and one of the pinholes with packing tape. Got the rubber grip started on the end and held it with my hand.   Then I choked up behind it and I had my buddy Johnny pulse air into the remaining pinhole.  I found that pulsing a little bit at a time, and stopping so my hand could rest worked the best. I got behind the grip with my leg so it wouldn't shoot off. That happened to me once when I started. But we worked it on in about a half inch to an inch at a time by pulsing the air.  Before I did this I had the cut that I did with the circular saw weld it up in the chainsaw Nick weld it up.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Tam-i-am

This is how we do it at logrite.

Tool inserted into cup, a squirt of isopropyl alcohol in the grip and one on the handle then line up the warm grip.

Using the foot pedal to turn on the air, the grip fills and is pulled down in one quick motion.

And that's how it's done.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper