iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help with Husqvarna 440e

Started by Rogerjpalm, May 10, 2020, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogerjpalm

Hello. I purchased a 440e from Lowe's for around the house. It never ran right. It was hard to start when cold and would bog down. I figured it needed the carb adjusted so I bought the tool to do that. Honestly I never adjusted the carb because I didn't use the saw and it was just sitting in the case. I pulled the saw out the other day after sitting about a year. I put fresh gas in it and it will try to start and that's it. It fires a couple times and dies. I checked for spark and it looked weak so I bought a new plug. No difference. I tried adjusting the carb and it did the same thing. I checked the fuel filter and it was clean. I even checked the gap on the coil. After all of this, no difference. I was stump so I though maybe there was trash in the carb. I cleaned the carb completely and that did nothing. I even went as far as just replacing the carb with a brand new oem zama carb and the saw still try's to start but that's it. What could I be missing. It has to be something I'm just over looking but I'm really getting discouraged with this thing. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks

dougand3

Did you adjust new Zama carb? Open (CCW) L 1/2 turn. Turn Idle In (CW) 1/2 turn. Retry.  No joy - try another 1/2 out/open.
This little Husky is similar to a strato Poulan. Some Poulans need a gawd awful 2 1/2 - 3 out to run.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Rogerjpalm

I just tried your advice and I got the same results. Nothing.

dougand3

Lighly seat L screw, then out/CCW 3 turns. Idle screw in past the taper.
Compression? Pull muffler and look at P&R and Intake side of cyl wall. Pull plug, shine light in and look at exhaust wall.
Does rope pull easier than when new?
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!