iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt40 up/down motor

Started by Crossroads, September 08, 2020, 11:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

I recently started having issues when I get to a job site. Where when I try to lift the head up to clear the loading arms. It starts out a normal speed, then starts to bog down until it shuts off the simple set. When it starts to jog down, if I stop for a few seconds, it will start out normal again, then start to big down again. It does it with or without the engine running, but after the first few cuts it stops and works normal for the rest of the day. I have replaced the battery, that didn't fix the issue. I checked the alternator and I'M getting 15v. Tomorrow night I plan to remove and clean the wires to the alternator. Anyone have any other suggestions? 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Southside

Have you checked the chain tension and chain itself?  Maybe there is a stiff section that it binding up the motor?  Also check the rollers, could be you have a bearing going out and it gets sticky until it moves around a bit and looses up.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

Also, always Lube the mast rails at beginning?  Check they're not adjusted too tight?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Also clean out the clogged sawdust between the sets of mast pads (4 different places) and then give that a good shot of ATF.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Can you lube the mast rails with atf.
My manual says to use something different.
If you folks use atf please let me know.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

terrifictimbersllc

Used atf for 18 yrs on my 2001 lt40 super, mast surfaces, with every setup.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Bruno of NH

The part of the mast that has a black finish on it ?
That the white pads ride on?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

terrifictimbersllc

Not sure what new ones look like but yes where the pads contact. On mine it was steel. If new ones are different can't comment on atf use.

Crossroads

Worked late tonight, so I'll have to wait to check these things. Mast pads are pretty clean, I use atf before I start and at mid day. Also, use a leaf blower several times a day to blow the sawdust from around the motor, mast, battery box , and rails. I'll keep y'all posted when I get time to work on it again. Thank you....

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Crossroads

Finally got some time to work on the up/down issue today. Checked for , binding, dirty pads, chain, electrical connections. Then got out the volt meter, but didn't find anything remarkable. That's when I admitted defeat and called MW electrical tech. First thing he had me pull the front off the the simple set and watch the voltage on the breaker for the up/down/simple set. Then he had me bypass the breaker and connect all 3 wires to 1 terminal. Problem solved, well problem located. I still need to replace that 50a breaker. 

Thank You Sponsors!