iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The heat is on at 52°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, I put a little smudge on in the mornings. I think yesterday only got to high 60's here and nice SE breeze to blow the flies off. ;D I went in the woodlot and the mosquitoes are alive and thick, but I wore my bug net so that was pretty good armour. Found a grouse, bear tracks and lots of moose tracks and even a couple little deer tracks. So the coyotes left a couple last winter. Deer have never been too thick in this area in the 51 years I been around. Not much for wintering habitat in farm fields and hardwoods. They always had to go to the cedar woods, which is quite fragmented although we do have a lot of cedar (and some quite nice cedar) in this county. Go a few miles away and they used to be in big herds of 50-100 when I was a kid, but it was predominantly mature spruce/fir forest with red maple and birch mixed in.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

We've had 27 inches of rain this month and got some more this afternoon just in case it wasn't enough already.
One more day in May.  Perhaps we will get to the 30 mark. fishin-smiley

Chuck White

Temps hit 94° out on the sawjob yesterday!

When it reached 90° we only had five 18"X8' Hemlock logs left and the job would be done, so we just took a few water-breaks and finished them, job done! smiley_sweat_drop
Normally though, when the temps reach 85° we're done for the day, but we wanted to get this job done! smiley_sweat_drop
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Been a few cool days,today mid 80's. Heats off. ;D Lots of sun lately. Could use some rain. Not 12 inches like some is getting. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodcutter_Mo

Been hot and humid, supposed to be a couple thunder storms today. Hopefully it does rain, the roads are getting dusty.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

curdog

If ya'll need some rain,  we've had over 20 inches since the 15th... I'll box it up..

SwampDonkey

5" rain wouldn't hurt though. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Just saw our updated totals,  23.87 over the last 15 days... so there's one order for 5 inches... still plenty of extra to go around.  I'll look for some more rain boxes and get them ready to ship....
But all this rain has caused many mudslides,  I worked with one of the state geologists and counted at least 36 from the air and many more from the ground that couldn't be seen through the tree canopy. Lots of homes  damaged or destroyed and some fatalities from the slides and trees falling. Some people had flood insurance,  but landslides aren't considered floods, so they're going through hard times. Luckily it looks like next week should dry up a little. 

rjwoelk

Theee big cheers. We finally are getting rain. Perfect timing crops are in This should help left the fire ban and we can get some firewood sold.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

chevytaHOE5674

Yesterday it was 82° and I had the A/C on in the tractor all day, today it was 44° with a cold north wind and I had the heat blasting all day. Hopefully we get back to "normal" soon... haha

SwampDonkey

Been in the 80's here for a couple days. Going to cool down some but not 40's, 60's here come tomorrow. No rain here yet. ::)

thecfarm

42° this morning. Weather woman got that right. I hope she got the inch of rain on Monday right too. We could use it.

SwampDonkey

Same here. And rain on Tuesday for us, but a cold rain, barely 50 that day they say. ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Pretty bad when I have to wear a sweatshirt to work in the garden.

chevytaHOE5674

Never got above 45° here today with rain, drizzle, fog, and wind all day. Felt like an early spring or late fall day. 

thecfarm

44° here now. If this was April,I would be running around with a t shirt and saying how warm it feels. Now I am running around with a sweatshirt on saying how cold it is. ;D

Heat is on.
Started to rain around 9 AM. Raining off and on all day. A nice rain.

Chuck White

In the 50's here today, and drizzly rain off and on all day!

The mill is home and in the yard so a little puttering in between raindrops, tightening this, adjusting that, etc!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

curdog

85, sunny and lower humidity with a nice breeze blowing.. pretty nice day, especially after all of the rain lately. 

SwampDonkey

Was dry here today, but down river about 70 miles there was a frost in the woods. Killed the ash and the ferns. ;D When I went back up river up on the Canterbury hills, no frost and the ash were fine.

Corn is up in the garden. Planted my first bunch of beans tonight. Suppose to be 70's on Wednesday, maybe we will get some rain to soak'm a little along with some warm. ;)

Woodcutter_Mo

It's just been in the mid-upper 80's the last couple days and the humidity has been lower so it feels prety good. There's alot of hay going down this week around this area, not supposed to rain until late this week. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

SwampDonkey

I've also seen some first cuttings of hay around here to. But hay is not a lot of acreage anymore in these parts. My father and grandfather used to grow big fields of good Timothy and sell some to.

thecfarm

42° and the heat is on. Sold a couple bags of wood pellets at the store yesterday.
Wet outside still,just a real light mist at this time.

Chuck White

Just 42° here this morning, not projected to get over 60° today!  bon_fire

Thank You Sponsors!