iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Excellent day at Purdue: "Hardwood Lumber" course

Started by SawyerBrown, April 06, 2014, 10:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

The course is called "Hardwood Lumber: Producing, Using, and Selling", and is sponsored by Purdue and the Dept of Forestry and Natural Resources.  Woodmizer is one "in cooperation with".  Taught by Dan Cassens, Professor of Wood Products at Purdue (as well as running his own sawmill/lumber business). 

I was hesitant to drive the 3 hours over.  For $20 registration, how good could it be, right?  Well, it was just excellent.  I walked away with so much good, practical advice that was priceless.  Professor Dan probably forgot more than I'll ever know.  The John S Wright convention center was beautiful, free coffee and donuts.  Just an excellent, fun day of learning.

It's probably a little late if anyone is interested, only 2 sessions left: April 9 in N Vernon, IN, and April 16 in Jasper, IN.  If you want more details, send me a PM. 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

moosehunter

Took Dan's course last year near Albany NY, Interesting day, learned a lot.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

OneWithWood

Glad you posted this.  I signed up for the April 9 course some time ago and almost forgot about it!
Dan Cassens is a great presenter.  I always enjoy his courses and learn a lot.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!