iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picking Up New Mill On Friday

Started by wwsjr, May 07, 2013, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwsjr

Power company built 3 phase power bank today, got 3 phase into my breaker box. I installed a 200 amp main with 42 spaces for breakers. I can use 1, 2 or 3 pole breakers to get 3 phase, 220V and 120V by using the proper lugs in box. The mill options are the same as I had Cat diesel powered mill. All are essential as far as I am concerned. I ordered the stationary legs, plan to bolt down, pouring a concrete slab this week. I plan to remove the wheels, add separate hydraulic pump, and dust blower as soon as I can. I had a 2hp 220V blower on my other mill, moved dust about 50' thru 4" PVC drain pipe, pictures in gallery. Predicted great weather this week, no RAIN, maybe sawing next week? The last mobile job I sawed was about 18 months ago, I have been busy with customers bringing logs to me, don't plan to move the mill. My church friends are planning a "barn raising" to built shed over mill when I am ready.  The shed will be 10' X 40'. I have almost completed the 10' X 12" office/storage building behind mill. All electrical boxes are mounted in the office building. I am using power poles for post and will have metal roof, snow load not a factor. I have been having trouble loading pictures, but I will get some up as soon as I can.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

francismilker

wwsjr,

I'm really glad to hear things are going your way.  Nice to have good friends to fall back on when times get tough.  Also glad to hear your 3-phase was so reasonable.  Some have paid and arm and a leg to get it built in to them.  Having it already there on a pole is priceless.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Thank You Sponsors!