iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Vacu-Kiln 2000

Started by 4x4American, November 19, 2015, 02:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I have a friend who has had a WM Vacu-Kiln for about 25 years.  The computer has gone out on it, and he needs a new one.  Any idea where he can get one?  It still turns on but the settings are all cattywampus.  WM has abandoned this system so they don't support it anymore.
Boy, back in my day..

Den Socling

It's a highly flawed dinosaur. Time for a new vac kiln. Look at our new VK16's. http://vacdry.com/index.php/news/85-announcing-vk16
They are a hot item.

pine

Is this a new product advertisment or is this an older model?

Den Socling

It's a new model and deliveries for new kilns are now out to next summer.

pine

It is always nice to have a product that is so highly sought after that you can't keep the production line output up with the orders you receive from the customers and they want/need/perceive that its quality is high enough that they will wait for the product rather than go to a competitor. 

It says something about the quality of the product that you are producing.  Good job!

Den Socling

Thank you pine. It has taken decades to get to this point.

4x4American

Thanks, I am not sure he is able to spend that kinda money on a new kiln, especially since he's getting out of the lumber business.  He still does it but just on the side for right now.
Boy, back in my day..

Den Socling

Gotta spend money to make money.  :D

starmac

You have to love it when a flawed design got the job done for 25 years, hope he can find what he needs to do what he needs.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Den Socling

2000's used to be available all over the place. Like new. Hardly used. Works great! Sure.

starmac

I am sure the new ones are much better in every way, like most every other product.
But apparently he got 25 years use out of it, so it has served his purpose.
I don't have a clue what a new one cost, but if he is on the way out and just needs one for another year or so, I hope he can get his going reasonably.

Sometimes repairing older things is basically throwing good money after bad, but it is also true that new is not the answer, unless you have plans to use it enough to make it pay.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!