iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of a couple oak logs

Started by brdmkr, March 08, 2006, 10:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

These are now lined-up next to each other along with a 40" live oak that you can't see in the pic.  All have been end-sealed with AnchorSeal and they currently are without checks.   The door in the background is my Ford ranger for a size reference.  Hopefully, I'll be able to saw them within a couple of weeks.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

miked

Nice logs. Looks like your tag line is wrong - it's not 'want to', it's "can do". Say, I remember reading about a magician who used that name when I was a kid.(Kandu the great) I guess it does feel like a little magic when a log turns into nice, wide, smooth boards, doesn't it?
Mike

Jeff Meyer

Nice oak!  How long are those sticks and are they clear.  What kind of oak are they.  I have some black oak over 8' thru.  That would will be nice when its cute.

Jeff 

brdmkr

jeff

Both of those logs are about 20 feet long.  They are clear for maybe 12 - 14 feet.  They are water oaks.  These are aren't close to 8' diameter like your black oaks.  They are more like 30 - 35"  on the big end. 

How about some pictures of the black oak?  Sounds like they would be great fun to mill 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!