iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where did the LT40 Manual Go?

Started by ncsawyer, December 12, 2019, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

I worked around and ran a LT40 manual for years.  Was actually tossing around the possibility of setting one up permanently with an extension to cut beams.  I get quite a few calls from people wanting material over 21 feet. I would be better off to find a good used one, but was just curious what a new one today cost. I glanced at the WM website and noticed that the LT40 manual is no longer offered.  When and why did this occur?

I know I love my hydraulic mill, and would much rather run it than my old manual LT40, but for a stationary mill set up with an extension, hydraulics on the mill aren't as big of an advantage, due to the fact that the hydraulics only engage the part of the log that is on the mill and not the extension, so you would likely have to load and turn with a tractor or some other equipment. 

2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Chuck White

It's hard to believe it wouldn't be available anymore!

Most likely, there just isn't a lot of call for them!

Give Wood-Mizer a call to confirm, then we'll all know!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

I suspect it went the way of the LT30.Just not enough demand for the LT40 with the 28 and 35 manual to fill the gap,as well as the LT15.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

John S

I asked a WM dealer about that a couple of years ago, he said they do not advertise  the LT40 manual but they were still available.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Stuart Caruk

Nothing like adding hydraulics to your extension. A chain turner is great, 2 are simply awesome. An extra clamp and a bunch of toe rollers make life simple.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Remle

Rather then buy an additional mill and an extension , just buying the extension and add another clamp and turner to the extension would solve your complaint .  Tee the second clamp and turner off the existing lines with a quick connectors. Then you could clamp and rotate the cant as needed with out the aid of the tractor and unplug while cutting only on the main mill.

IMHO you could save money..

Thank You Sponsors!