iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My robot adventure

Started by hackberry jake, December 19, 2019, 10:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I saw a fanuc robot listed on an auction site, starting bid of $500. I thought; "sure, I'll be the first one to bid on this, so that I can check my bid history and see what it sold for". Well... I was the only bidder. I won the auction with a $500 bid and $100 worth of taxes and buyers fees. So $600. I looked up the weight of the robot itself and it was around 1,300 lbs. I knew it was on a linear axis that moved the robot up and down a track, but didn't know how much it weighed. I estimated less than 3,700 lbs... I was WRONG. I had only rented a 5,000 lb lift and it couldn't lift it. Luckily the place I bought it from agreed to use their 4,000 lb lift in tandem with the 5,000 lb lift. And I think both lifts might have been over their limit. But with the weight far enough back on the forks, we got it loaded. I then drove the overloaded trailer 5hrs home without incident (thank you Lord!). Now I've checked around for a buyer, and nobody's interested... I get myself into the darndest ordeals.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Southside

Can it stack lumber?  How much you want to deliver it to Virginia?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

Looks a good tailgunner to me. Never late to work. No drama. Doesn't get tired. Just a little training required. You've got yourself a new employee. 
HM126

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Dan_Shade

I can relate..... 

Hopefully you can do something with it. 

I'm sure your wife is impressed... 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

thecfarm

That teach pendant that you are holding brings back some memories.I think I worked on them for 15 years. The ones I worked on was all yellow,like that sticker.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TKehl

That is sweet!  Have a guy here at work that programs them (we have 2 Fanucs at my day job that do thermal spray).  He could probably give you an edjumacation on the teach pendant for a lot less coin than a real tech if you want to learn the basics.

What are your plans for it?  I've always thought it would be neat to set one up as a wood carver.  There are videos online of ones being used to cut stone to replicate famous sculptures.

Did it come with the control box, or is that built in?
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

hackberry jake

It came with a RJ3 controller and another big blue cabinet that had a bunch of safety relays and a plc for integration to their system.
And it came with an auxiliary amplifier to drive the 7th axis.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

btulloh

I sure would like to have a couple of those at that kind of price. 

It'll be interesting to see what you do with it.
HM126

Ljohnsaw

Looks like the start of a fantastic slab planer!  Just stick a big router on it! 8)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

alan gage

There is a local machine shop around here that's big into automation and they also help other businesses automate. I know the guy that runs it is always looking for equipment. I have no idea if this is something he'd be interested in or not but if you're trying to sell it would at least be someone to contact and maybe he knows someone.

966 Industries | Facebook

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Thank You Sponsors!