iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Urban logging

Started by Bruno of NH, May 19, 2019, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Urban logging today.
It was tight corners for the Mahindra had to unhook the Woody's off road trailer. 
Move the logs out from behind the house hook the trailer up and load up.
Got 2 more trips to make this week.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

DDW_OR

great looking logs and equipment.

is there anything you would change/add to your equipment?
"let the machines do the work"

Bruno of NH

DDW_OR
On the log trailer , I wish I got the winch and pony motor set up.
Could park the trailer by the mill and load logs and still have the tractor available to move sawn lumber at the same time. Not needing to hook up and unhook.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

I could have used the winch on the job pulling logs out from behind the house

Frickman

I hope you were paid to remove the logs or at least got them for free.  Back before I retired I worked a lot of jobs like that, usually the property owner was paying me to do the work.  I had equipment and skills they needed and they had wood to remove.  I looked at it like this "I didn't need them but they needed me."  In my area most of the loggers have turned their backs on jobs like that, I made a decision twenty five years ago to specialize in them and set up a system to do the work.  Good for you for getting those logs out.  Every urban area I travel to has an abundance of that scale of work available.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!