iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forum down

Started by beenthere, February 04, 2016, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

and exactly when was it down?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

5:30 your time.. and then again a few minutes later... but don't know if more than 5 minutes.
Other sites I'd go to were quite responsive during the same period that couldn't get in to FF, and timed out.
No complaints, just noted.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

But I see there were posts made during those times and the logs show no issues, so it seems it was your information highway that had a roadblock, not everyone's.  :)

beenthere

No posts made between 4:27 and 4:36 when I posted (my CST time) and that was when I thought it was down for me, at least.
But prolly is my end....
south central Wisconsin

Peter Drouin

I get that from time. Get ½ way through reading, go to a post and nothing.
Sometimes I can't go back to a page I was reading.
I just turn the FF off. And go elsewhere.
2 hours later and I'm good.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sandsawmill14

i had the same problem as beenthere about that same time but i dont remember if it was this morning or yesterday ::) :-[ i just assumed it was on my end ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

elk42

I had the same at about 4 pm this afternoon.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Ljohnsaw

I get that from time to time as well.  I just figure the electrons are just to cold to move up there in the UP ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thechknhwk

1:03 AM

Error 503!

/board/index.php/topic,80057.2580/topicseen.html
Service Unavailable!

Then 30 seconds later it's back.  Happens to me from time to time; it seems to always be the same error.

beenthere

I consistently go through a lock-down at midnight CST. Just have to get used to it and avoid that time.
south central Wisconsin

clearcut

There are several websites that will check if another site is down for you or everyone. Helps when you are trying to sort out issues such as this.

A couple of examples.
     http://www.isitdownrightnow.com
or
     http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com

Carbon sequestered upon request.

pineywoods

The electronic route from your computer to the forum server may go through as many as half a dozen routers, depending on where you are. You do NOT get a direct connection from your computer to the forum server.
those routers, actually being some special computers, will need to ocassionally need to shut down for maintenance purposes or maybe even just crash and restart. It's the nature of the beast.  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandsawmill14

Quote from: thechknhwk on February 05, 2016, 01:04:58 AM
1:03 AM

Error 503!

/board/index.php/topic,80057.2580/topicseen.html
Service Unavailable!

Then 30 seconds later it's back.  Happens to me from time to time; it seems to always be the same error.

this is the same error i get when it does it
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Jeff

One should ask yourself, do I spend more time on this website than any other? Do you spend a lot of time here?  If so, your odds of seeing some sort of software or database reset from time to time, or a backup process going on, or a server or operating system reboot going on, or an anomaly somewhere on the internet that keeps you from getting here to begin with are much greater than if you just pop in at some other website and find it down.  The Forestry Forum has a 99.9% up time rate.

How often do your home computers have a lag when you are trying to do something when you are the only user on it at the time? How often do you find yourself rebooting or shutting things down to get it to run smooth?

A web server really is no different, so one must understand that at times there may be over 500 or more users connecting to it so there will be times when you hit a momentary lag. Don't get me wrong, I want to know if there is a problem, but reporting that the forum is down, on the forum, is really kinda absurd if you think about it. Its like using your phone to report your phone isn't working. :)

If you absolutely can't get on the forum for more than ten minutes, the best place to report it is on the Forestry Forum facebook page, or by contacting an admin that you may have contact info for. Most of the time, if it is a serious issue, we're on it already, but not always.

beenthere

I'll go the correct route next time, and hesitated posting this thread... thought wanted to know. Sorry 'bout that.
south central Wisconsin