iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mud mats.

Started by bama20a, January 25, 2013, 09:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

Do any of you cut or build Mud Mats? I've hauled several of them old & new ones all over the country.
Some of the old ones to me looks like they need to go on the burn pile,But I guess not,cause the freight bill alone seems like more than they are worth.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Magicman

At one time I thought about it, but it takes some serious support equipment to handle/build mats.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WH_Conley

What Magicman said. Another thing that entered into it was the ones they wanted around here are built out of 12x12's, requires a 20' lot 18" on small end. Hard to get a steady supply.
Bill

GDinMaine

If memory serves right, Customsawyer cuts timber for those sometimes.  I recall something like 40' logs.

I knew I had his video bookmarked somewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q_lwnVIuRq0
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Magicman

This would be another example of developing a niche market, but you had better investigate how the present supply needs are being met.  Many times one person does quite well, and then there are two, and then.......
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

in the last few days i have seen about 4 loads of these. two loads were today when i went to lunch, new mats with red ends on the wood, the ones before were painted blue.

Thank You Sponsors!