iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl ms170 with adjustable AM carburetor

Started by GRP7099, April 09, 2019, 05:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRP7099

I recently installed aftermarket adjustable carburetors on 3 different ms170 saws. I found that when installed the throttle didn't go to wide open and the choke dosen't close all the way. If anyone else is having issues with this I came up with a couple real easy fixes for it. I put a 6-32 set screw in the back of the slot where the throttle linkage attaches to the throttle trigger. For the choke, a small piece of wire tie glued under the linkage where it contacts the choke control lever. I would like to add photos of these modifications but I'm new to the site and haven't figured out how to put them on yet.

Caloren

I would be interested to see some photo's. I replaced the Zama with a Walbro on my MS170 and had no trouble such as you describe. Just had to drill a couple holes in the cover to allow a screwdriver in to adjust the carb.

Loren
Stihl MS 170, Stihl MS 310, Stihl 028 AV Super, and half a dozen other no-accounts! Cat D4 D.

GRP7099

I added photos to the gallery. I had this problem with the carburetors I bought off Ebay. Probably Chinese knock offs I assume. 

GRP7099

Air Lad

Just left the stock one on mine and run 40:1 
She is a beaut
Cheers

Thank You Sponsors!