iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How wide will a Lucas slabber cut?

Started by fishpharmer, July 17, 2009, 08:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I just found out my buddy with a Lucas mill has a slabber.  We might use it to cut cookies off my big cypress log.  I would do this by cutting off 3-4 feet of large end of log.  Then stand it upright to "slab" off each cookie.  The chainsaw I used to cut the first cookie worked ok but i am concerned about wasting too much wood when I try to level the dry cookies.

That is why I want to know how wide a Lucas slabber cuts.  Or, are there different lengths?
My friend has never used it and didn't know.  Thanks.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

thanks for the space.

I did what I should have before posting.  I called Baileys/Lucas,and they had an answer.

Six inch mills take 50 inch slabber.

Bigger mills take the 60 inch slabber.

Thanks anyway.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

DanG

Well Thanks right back atcha, Fish!  Now we all know. :) 8) :) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Meadows Miller

Gday

Jezz and id already grabed one of the manuals of the shelf Mate  ;) :D  :D  :D
atleast anyone who wants to know has got it on here for reference now  Mate  ;)  ;D 8) 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!