iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deere axles ?

Started by BargeMonkey, March 11, 2020, 10:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

What is the diff between Swede axles and 1200/ 1400 ? Just heavier and a touch wider? I'm looking at a 648G3, 6k hrs, Swede axles with rings. 
 If your going to go 30.5 is the 748G3 the better way to go ? How bad is the emission stuff on the H ? 

kiko

The super wide extreme duty axle is a 1400. The difference on the sweda is in the axle ends ,the center is the same as regular 1400. I have seen a different ratio crown and pinion in the sweda and some that were the same as the standaes duty 1400. The sweda will also have a beefed up planatary housing but the planetary gears are the same. It is standard in my area to run 30.5 s on a 648 even if it was speced with 1200 axles . The 748 is not much of an upgrade unless you go 35.5 .  The H has a different axle. It us a teammate 4 and has a different set up in the diff group, axle ends and planetary are the same as in a g2/3. The H engine common rail fuel system, vgt and egr but no exhaust after treatment.

Firewoodjoe

I've ran both a lot. And they are good skidders. The H engine lasted many more hrs vs the glll but ran like crap all the time. Egr stuff but never quite alwasy pulled wood. Personally I wouldn't own a 748 due to direct drive trans. The TC trans just can't be beat in my opinion. 20-30,000 hrs on the gllls still going. But a few engines. 

Brooks1984

BargeMonkey a friend of mine has a 1994 648e it has 1200 front axle it is too light. He has rebuilt the axle 4 times in the last 8 years. My old boss has a 2009 648h it has 1400 axles and has not had any problems in the 6 years he has owned it.

My friends 648e with rear duals June 30 2018

BargeMonkey

Guys I do honestly appreciate the info, so hard buying something anymore. 👍 
 The trans choice was another question ? The TC is the way to go over the direct drive ? Both my 405 and 460 are TQ machines. 
 I see where you can buy the stuff to gut the emissions off the newer H-L series, get rid of the EGR and DEF, wondering if someone's done it with good results, out 644K has EGR and been a headache. 
 I'm just debating which size ? Once your into 30.5 ? Is the size that noticable, rather have something that's a touch over my 460, I want to upgrade to a newer delimber and she cant keep up to my ragged JD delimber now, newer propac would walk away from it. 
 I'm not against a 535C ? But this with Cat and parts ? I personally despise Nortrax so i cant buy a machine I'm glued to that only they can fix. 
 Another guy is telling me a 620C-620D is the machine to own ? 

Firewoodjoe

I've also spent time in two different 848s. Those are also TC and are honestly not that much bigger as far as getting around the woods. Obviously there not a selective cut machine but neither it's a 648 with 30.5. They all pull much better with at least 30.5. Deere's are light on there feet and very maneuverable. I remember in the past you said that 460 can't be beat! 😆 well I've also ran a 460 and 360. They are good tough machines and the 360 is my favorite but the 460 steers like my old 208tj. The Deere's are like driveing a Sunday go to meeter!! And also I don't think anything around here has the light axles. The H also has a little bit lower gear so it pulls better. We used to have to have them in the right order when pushing pulling a truck out so the right skidder was pushing or the one machine wasn't in its power gear. 

kiko

Not that this helps with your purchase research in any way but this  a rear SWEDA axle vs 1400 standard duty.

Maine logger88

My 648e the front axle is noticeably smaller than the rear so I assume 1200 front and 1400 rear? I haven't had any trouble yet and the guy I bought it off didn't either hopefully I don't either but I almost never use the blade for anything other than cleanup on the yard so I would think it would be fine. It also has 30.5s but is no wider than my 3 wheel cutter so it works ok in select cut for me. In some ways I like the direct drive cause it's easy on fuel and a fairly peppy machine to drive but tc would be much better in many applications especially pulling large hitches in hard going
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!