iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill shed

Started by woodlandmillguy27, October 28, 2013, 09:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodlandmillguy27

Hey guys I have my sawmill set up on a pad but now I need to enclose it. I was thinking 20x16 as I don't need anything to big. Could you guys post some picks so I can get some ideas.

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum!

If you do a search for millsheds, you will find several thread with pictures.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

Hello woodlandmillguy27, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

woodlandmillguy27,welcome to the forum. It can never be too big.  ;D  Need room to dry-store lumber. Need a room to store blades.
I suppose you have a Woodland Mill? What's the plan for all of the lumber.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rimshot

Quote from: Dave Shepard on October 28, 2013, 09:19:32 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

If you do a search for millsheds, you will find several thread with pictures.

=======================

IF THIS works and I can post the picture then this is my small mill house.  Since I have mounted my mill on a trailer I and back it in the pole barn instead.  For now it is a lumber storage barn and that works well for me.  I actuaally measures 10 X 14 pole to pole but has a three feet drip line and two extra feet on the gable.

LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

beenthere

rimshot
That looks good and maybe one that Piston would like to pattern his plans after -- for a car shelter for his Gpa.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dblair

here's mine , just an old circle mill and shed . welcome aboard 

old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Buddyw

I am working on my building now.

Happycamper

One thing certain is that it will never be too big. My shed works fine and covers and protects the mill but do wish I had made it a bit longer and wider. I have since added a 4ft. shed roof to one end and will do the same at the other end.
                                  Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Boy Happy, those are some awfully smooth, very round logs you've got on deck there...

Herb

beenthere

PC
I think Happy gets "drops" from a veneer mill, those logs that are set to be peeled on a veneer lathe and show something (spinout, etc.) that doesn't look good so they drop them out and go to the next log.

Just thinking that is where his turned logs are from, not absolutely sure tho.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

PC-Urban-Sawyer

BeenThere,

Yeah, I was thinking it was either that or maybe rejects from a pole operation...

Must be nice.

Herb

terrifictimbersllc

got carried away with his Lathe-Mizer  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Happycamper

The logs are from a plywood factory near where I live and once in a while I can get a load of "spin outs" they are logs that stopped turning in the "lathe" and the machine that drives them keeps going and hollows out the center so it instantly becomes firewood. Sometimes they have a crack and also can't be used. It is very nice to work with clean logs but I still have to inspect them and clean the dirt off from being on the ground. I did find 1 nail and 1 roofing screw in the logs earlier. The quality is generally very good and I am able to get "clears" no knots lumber out of many logs.
                                        Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Thank You Sponsors!