Canadian Knock offs

Started by Tam-i-am, May 01, 2019, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

According to Oscar Wilde, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that the mediocrity can pay to greatness."

Well our tools have been reproduced in China and sold under many names.  Typically, the website owner selling the knockoffs will use pics of their tool to sell it but not this time.  This company took a scan of our brochure and boldly loaded it onto their website.  Kevin and the Logrite Junior are unmistakable in the pics. 

Check out Kevin on their web page.  https://range-road.ca/products/logging-tools/rr151-log-arch/

All I can say is buyer beware - looks can be deceiving!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

wisconsitom

Thanks Tam...for relaying Oscar Wilde's full quote...not just the last bit that we usually hear!  So it is with many so-called "famous sayings"...we only have the bastardized version left today...without the original context.

Your post reminded me of a hand pruning saw I picked up recently at the local hort. supply house.  I bought it because it had the proper "ARS-style" blade and was very cheap.  I laughed though when all the German writing on the plastic bubble was there to disguise the obvious-that it was a cheap Chinese knock-off!

tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bandmill Bandit

That guy isn't even a bright thief. I will be stopping by to get some pics and info as he's only a half hour away from me. I am pretty sure he is ONCE again selling Chinese produced products under some name that will lead people to believe he "builds" the stuff. As a rule he ONLY assembles the garbage and then indicates canadian made. He is a bit of a snake. He'll get nailed again if I and a few other that I will inform can help it at all.    
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Ljohnsaw

Wow, and it isn't even a good scan.  Very fuzzy.  Wish there was an easy way to go after him!  Those lifting tongs and the ring that they are hung from look pretty sketchy!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on May 01, 2019, 11:44:34 AMHe is a bit of a snake. He'll get nailed again if I and a few other that I will inform can help it at all.

SIC EM!

Jeff

Notice if you go to the U.S. version of the site, the knock offs are not offered. Only on the Canadian site. Wonder what the reasoning of that is?

maple flats

My guess is he thought it would not be caught as a lie on the Canadian site. How wrong he was! A snake for sure.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Grizzly

I saw his wares when he had a display at Ag In Motion outside of Saskatoon. Clearly low grade goods made outside of the country. His firewood processors also looked like a copy of others. I liked the prices and was tempted but then thought of the people that had done research and development to get their goods to market and simply decided I would have to do without. Thanks for taking the time to stop in on him Bandit.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Grizzly

Look at his sawmills. They sure look like a close copy of our sponsor Woodland Mills.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

thecfarm

Maybe he should be dragged around with his arch. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

There is no substitute for GOOD quality as in logrite products.
I have noticed on ebay that a lot of items now say American or US based company, but when you read the narrative you can find the oriental language usage.
While the Chinese are neither stupid nor lacking in engineering on many items there are still WAY too many knock offs and poorly made items from there.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bandmill Bandit

100% Chinese knock offs "assembled" in Canada. 

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Tam-i-am

I checked their site today and was pleased to see that they must have received their products and took their own pics.
Kevin and my arch are no longer on their website.  Just knock offs.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper