iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's happy customer

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 27, 2019, 02:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

Webcam. Several views. 

Telling someone how to spend their time is almost as good as spending someone else's money. Now we can do both of those. You should be able to get this done by the end of the week, YH.  :D
HM126

Nebraska

Heck he could have sponsors by then. Ok I'll stop and wait for the next happy customer.   ;D

btulloh

Quote from: Nebraska on September 16, 2019, 12:00:10 PM
Heck he could have sponsors by then. Ok I'll stop and wait for the next happy customer.   ;D
It could end up being more profitable than the lumber bidness. Eventually lead to show on Discovery. YH might be more popular than Parker  Schnavel. 
HM126

WDH

There was someone fishing around here a number of years ago looking to recruit sawyers for a sawmilling reality show.  Don't believe he/she got many takers.  I would not want to be embarrassed and made to look like an idiot by some TV Producer :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

Dont do it Yellowhammer. Every time i do a video of us taking a big tree out i mess it up. If you do just show the cash register that i like best. Then again if you could show ms Martha doing her presentation that would be a hoot.
al glenn

Brad_bb

Right on WDH.  We don't need any phoney Bologna "reality show".  Ax men is bad enough, and totally unwatchable.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

YellowHammer

Quote from: btulloh on September 16, 2019, 12:22:46 PMIt could end up being more profitable than the lumber bidness. Eventually lead to show on Discovery. YH might be more popular than Parker  Schnavel.
Heck, I'm much more better looking than Parker, and a little nicer, too.  :D :D  So if I did the show, it might be a big hit, I'd have lots of money, I'd be famous and then I'd never have time to run the sawmill or have any fun. :D :D :D 

Nah, I like it the way it is.  Making sawdust and selling wood. 

Actually, I was on the Discovery channel once for one of my projects, a few years ago, before I retired from my other job, and all I got was a free pizza. :D :D :D  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer:

Is getting ready to hold up this piece:

so his helper can take a picture of it.

They brought in 4 logs from one pine tree from his yard and got 1450 bdft of lumber from them.

Some of it turned because they took so long to get here and pick it up:

I told them that is called California Blue Denim pine and it is worth more now.
They are going to use the lumber to make row boats for some inner city kids to use to row around Boston Harbor.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

Yesterday, as they were loading up the lumber the customer asked me how long had I been milling here in my yard. I told him 25 years.
He then asked me how old the sawmill was.
I waited a bit to see if he could figure it out.
He couldn't, so I told him 25 years.

Jim Rogers

samandothers

Maybe he thought you bought it used or was newer than your start? ::)

Brad_bb

It's a 1994 model?  I thought it was newer than that.  Do you know how many hours are on it?  Do you have an hour meter?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

YellowHammer

25 years on a mill.  Pretty cool.   8)
Do you still have one of the original bands?  I'd hang that on the wall for sure, as a showpiece.  
YellowHammerisms:

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

alanh

He was too bashful to stand by the truck but he brought in a mixed load of various sized hemlock and red oak logs to "see what we could get" out of them... What we got was a mixed load of various sized hemlock and red oak lumber.....I charged by the hour and was happy I wasnt the guy who had to sort and stack the load!!!

PAmizerman

Today's happy customer was @CabinCreations Dad. At least I think he was happy :D. 
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

CabinCreations

@PAmizerman - Yes! He said he was happy with the lumber  8).... I'm also looking forward to trying those blades ;D
2011 LT35HD

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer came over in his Prius to pick up some oak slabs I cut from his butt log. Pieces shown in what are you sawing thread.

His car was dragging bottom out the driveway when he left:

He said the weight of the lumber equaled three big guys in his car. And if he car could handle them then it could handle the lumber.
I figured his lumber weighed 948 lbs.

Jim Rogers

JJ

1/2 ton Prius :D
wonder what his gas mileage was.

WV Sawmiller

I hope you cleaned all the sawdust off real good so the sparks from the dragging muffler didn't set the load on fire. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

YellowHammer

It occurrs to me that the strongest part of the entire car was the lumber.  Kind of funny.   ;D :D
YellowHammerisms:

Nebraska

Please forgive me, I can't help it.... consider my isolated rural upbringing  as my high school class only had four total....  but  my first thought was exactly this....  "but I thought the prius crowd  didn't cut trees"... I know my bad.

Ianab

Quote from: Nebraska on October 19, 2019, 10:16:42 PM
Please forgive me, I can't help it.... consider my isolated rural upbringing  as my high school class only had four total....  but  my first thought was exactly this....  "but I thought the prius crowd  didn't cut trees"... I know my bad.
You are a bad man.  :D
Don't worry, he hugged it first.  ;D
My problem with most hybrids is NO tow rating. The Prius is not rated to tow Anything.  At least with my hatchback I can haul a load of lumber, or a sawmill, or sometimes both.  ;) 2800lb tow rating, so it's enough to useful. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WDH

Some make a choice.  Either get a prius, or fool with wood.  A very few do both :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: JJ on October 19, 2019, 05:59:25 PM
1/2 ton Prius :D
wonder what his gas mileage was.
Gas mileage? I thought those things ran on unicorn breath and rainbow farts? :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sixacresand

I once had to resort to prius type "cracker box" cars.  You learn to "adapt and improvise".  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Jim_Rogers

I'll find out how he made out as he's suppose to drop by today on his way to Boston.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!