iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for some information

Started by SW_IOWA_SAWYER, January 09, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

Hi Everyone

I am looking at getting a new mill. I currently have a Lumbermate 2000 that I have had since it was new. i like the mill I am just getting to the point that I am looking to upgrade to some hydraulic features. I have looked at TimberKing (nice folks) and Woodmizer (website) and also the Norwood HD36. My setup is made for a shorter mill and before I decide to go with a TK or Woodmizer I was hoping to hear from someone that had an HD36 that I could get some feedback on. I can alter my workflow to make the bigger mills work but i have never cut a log longer than 10' foot and don't ever plan to so that extra length is something I really don't need.
If you have a HD36 with or without the hydraulic features please message me and we can talk.

If I knew i was going to buy a sawmill when I built my barn I would have turned it sideways :D

Thanks
I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

DDW_OR

Quote from: SW_IOWA_SAWYER on January 09, 2017, 02:49:14 PM
If I knew i was going to buy a sawmill when I built my barn I would have turned it sideways :D
the side wall on the barn is 12 foot height.
outside of 16 foot wide lean-to is 9 foot height. ground slops away from the barn.

will be adding two removable posts in the 24 foot gap.
most of what i cut is 8 to 10 foot long.
biggest log was 32 inch x 18 foot.

"let the machines do the work"

drobertson

Having 16' even 20' options are handy, having a mill changes  things, even longer at times, but that's another story,  be sure not to limit yourself,, fellow I sawed for last year just realized he needed some 18' 2 bys,  he had!!! The logs,,,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

DDW_OR

the lean-to rafters are 2x9x 18 feet, 2 inches. 4/12 pitch
"let the machines do the work"

WIwoodworker

It really just depends on what you want to cut. In my case I only cut for myself and have only cut a log longer than 10' maybe twice. If you saw logs for others having the extra capacity might be the difference between getting a job or not.
Peterson 9" WPF

Thank You Sponsors!