iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 ish Stihl ms250 jet settings with stops removed

Started by mickeymoose, March 18, 2024, 12:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeymoose

Does anyone know the jet settings for a Stihl ms250 with the stops removed? My saw has the zema C1Q-S76B carb, Needles are H3/4, L1 and LA. With the needle stops in place my manual says H CCW to stop limiter, L CW to stop limiter and then back 1 turn, and LA CW until chain moves then back 1/4 turn. I would like to know how many turns out "CCW" from being seated for all three with stops/limiters removed? Thanks

twar

My (fairly) educated guess would be to back both L and H out 1 turn from seated and then take the fine tuning from there. That seems to be pretty standard on both the 025 and the 250. However, this is based on my experience with saws here in Europe. There may be (or have been) some differences with respect to emission requirements etc., thus different carb settings. (For example, I have yet to find the little spark arrestor screen in a muffler here.)

mickeymoose

Rebuilt carb but left oval welch plug in place.

Removed round welch  plug and replaced. Oval welch plug was glued in and looked good. I admit removing oval welch plug would have been the better option I do not have the glue to properly set it. Took a chance and saw is running better after carb rebuild. Saw is running better but have not tested in the field. It's Friday and have had a few beers...

Thank You Sponsors!