iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Frick Dogs

Started by farmsc, April 21, 2007, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmsc

I'm trying to put together a Frick from a ton and a half of spare parts I recently picked up.  I want to replace the log-beam carriage I currently have.  Only problem is there were no dog assemblies in the parts.  The headblocks (if I'm calling them right..the parts that the dog slides down) are there.  Anyone know where I might find 2 sets?
Thanks for any info.
Kevin

woody1

There is a man in Chambersburg, PA that has everything for old mills. His name is Don Helfrick. I can get his number for you if you would like. There is also a sawmill parts place here that sell the completer ratchet ass'y. and dog. The last time I checked they were around $500.00.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Ron Wenrich

Is that guy still in business?  I bought parts off of him a good number of years ago.  I believe he used to work for Frick when they were in Waynesboro.

A good sawmill supply should be able to help you out.  And I bet our own Frickman might be a really good source of information.

Here's something he wrote that has some good nuggets for you:
https://forestryforum.com/tips/tips.cgi?display:1053729755-25554.txt 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LOGDOG

Farmsc,

Call Greg Rusch at Rusch Bros. Sawmill Equipment in Antigo, WI. Call 715- 555-1212 (information) and ask for the listing. Greg knows the old mills inside out and has a huge yard of mills and bones not to mention new mills that they manufacture. Hope he can help you.

LOGDOG

Frickman

I've gotten alot of parts from Fricko in South Bloomingville, Ohio. They own everything Frick now and still manufacture new mills, edgers,etc. They have a pretty nice setup. Their last phone number I have on file is 740-887-3799.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

woody1

Frickman..that phone number is correct. The e-mail is albright@bright.net. Jerry Albright is the contact person.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Frickman

Thanks for correcting me me woody. However you reach them, they're good people.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Thank You Sponsors!