iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Started by Wudman, June 14, 2021, 03:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wudman

I've been feeling a bit crappy for the last month with body aches, nagging headache, some minor breathing issues and chronically tired.  Last Monday, I was hurting bad enough that I decided on a trip to the doctor.  I had about 10 degrees of motion in my right arm in any direction.  I asked for them to run a full tick panel almost certain that it was going to be Lyme Disease or Ehrlichiosis.  (I treated dogs for Lyme and Ehrlichiosis not too long ago).  Turns out it was Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.  I got the results this past Friday.  The doc had already started me on doxycycline assuming that it was something tick borne (do to my insistence).  I felt really bad Monday thru Wednesday, but have started to perk up a bit, but the joints are still a bit sore. 

I guess I am somewhat of an outlier on this.  I have read that you shouldn't be able to get it twice.  I tested positive for it back in the mid-1990s with the same type of symptoms.  It is supposed to be an acute illness.  I think it has been dragging on me for a month.  It can kill in a week's time if untreated......mine's been dragging on.  Maybe I had enough antibodies to help keep it at bay, but I am hoping this course of antibiotics will clear it up and get me back to normal.  Feel like I need a nap.

Wud    
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Southside

Glad to hear you are starting to improve. Cyrille was asking how you were yesterday.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

Get your - - - better! That's NOT a recommendation! 
Trying harder everyday.

YellowHammer

I had it many years ago.  I was paralyzed for several days.  Very bad stuff. Only myself and one other guy had it that year in this area.

Glad you are on the mend. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

mike_belben

Phew.  Glad you caught it.  

Ive been using cheap horsefly sprays on my boots, pants and hat.  Keeps the flies and ticks off.
Praise The Lord

Old saw fixer

I hope you get well quickly, Wudman!
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

thecfarm

Good luck on the recover part!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen1

Glad to hear you are improving. So many different illness that can get us. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Wudman

I am much better now.  It took about 5 weeks for the pain in the shoulder to subside, but it is working now.  I've had a hard time regulating body temp (sweating within seconds of stepping outside), but I think things are getting back to normal now.  I had self diagnosed with Lyme Disease on the front end and asked the doc to run a full tick panel.  If not, I would have been treated for tendonitis in the shoulder.  My case was one of those non-typical deals, but I had found a few case studies on the internet with similar symptoms.  I had another blood draw last week to be sure this thing is dead.  Thanks for asking.

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

LeeB

Has anyone heard of stevia extract for treating tick borne diseases?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

nativewolf

I cannot stress my concern enough when I hear of people promoting remedies to treat cancer, tick borne diseases, etc etc.

If I remember the stevia work was re promote or enhance the effects of the microbial treatment, not replace them.  

Here is some interesting and good news re tick repellents, a new one from oils in Alaskan yellow cedar, been through EPA cert so it should be coming soon to markets:

LYME SCI: What smells like citrus and protects you from ticks?
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!