iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

get your heads down!

Started by ScottAR, April 02, 2006, 08:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottAR

Twisties moving through today, headed east...

Hit the town north of here and caused some damage. no injuries reported...

You folks on the east side of the river get ready!

We had some members west and north of here... Hope they're ok...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

TexasTimbers

Know what ya mean. We had 'em move through couple nights ago. Dropped a bunch of rain and hail. This was our road 9 hours after the fact.
We were locked in for a few hours....

They are building up for another go as we speak.  Hope ya don't get hammered too hard.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Faron

We just had a screamer of a thunderstorm pass thru southern IN.  The power is out here, probably for the night.  No twisters that I have heard of.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

beenthere

Looks pretty dicey along the IL-IN border about now, and moving across IN.  Good luck to you all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kevin_H.

I am work today and we had a couple twisters pass through about 5pm. lots of damage, and it looks like one fatality in a building collaspe about 30 min north of here.

We were driving in the ambulance when it hit, had to pull off the road and find some shelter behind a IDOT building. thought we were going for a ride there for a while. :o
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

pigman

The line of storms are about 15 minutes away and headed my way. :(  At least the winds won't mess my hair up. ;) I can hear the thunder now.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

ScottAR

News is on...  Blowed several blocks of north Marmaduke away...  Took out the rail car plant, the school took some damage, and a couple churches... 
No fatalities reported...

I started to go up to Haliday( south of Marmaduke) to see if a couple of my coworkers were alright but I turned back as emergency crews were headed that way and I was in the way being on the road...  Guess I'll find out tomorrow... 

Possible fatality up near Dexter... 

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

tnlogger

hope everyone  ia all right up that way looks like Marmaduke got caught ,  :)
gene

pigman

The power just came back on here. The little town off Campbellsburg lost several buildings. I am about five miles from the town and not much damage here. Our power lines come  by that way and several poles were broken off.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

ScottAR

Marmaduke is about 80% leveled...  Some injuries but no fatalities.  At the rail plant, the freight cars and all their parts are scattered around like children's toys so witnesses tell me.
My coworkers at haliday (3-4 miles out) watched the funnel hit the town.  Wasn't even raining there... 

A parts chaser at another store (same chain) had a mobile home in the path. Now they have a pile of garbage with what used to be their possesions in it...  No house insurance either...  Say a prayer for a family named Dill. 

Powers out everywhere and the town is locked down except for the main highway and rightly so.  Rubberneckers are making a traffic jamb in a town of a few thousand.    >:(    A guy asked me today if I'd went up there to see the damage...  I just said "No, I don't belong there."
I apparently confused the guy but he stopped asking... 

The local media done a good job reporting this storm and I think some folks were saved.  They've also started a fund raiser gathering supplies and things. 

I'm starting to understand what the hurricane states get to see...   This same town got hit before about 8-9 years ago. The tornado took almost the exact same path... 

I guess I've babbled for long enough...

Scott
[Magicman]

sawguy21

A major twister went through central Alberta where I lived in 1987 which was a very unusual event. People were out taking pics of the funnel approaching, had never seen one before. They know to keep their heads down now. I don't want to experience that again. My home was spared but I could see some damage from an upstairs window. The power was unbelievable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

highpockets

Scottar, please keep  us informed on the charity thing.  We may have some things left from the Katrina folks.  I am not sure, but will check.  A pm would be nice.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

ScottAR

Done...

The media wrapped up it's supply drive today.  Sent a couple of 18wheelers of water and tarps up there...

The Red Cross and the Salvation Army are taking donations and
A local bank started a fund for victims.  Folks can PM me if they want the #s to any of these offices.

The small bit of good news is that it hasn't rained yet allowing folks to get things covered.  The weather man has a chance of rain tomorrow though. 

A mutual friend loaned the Dills a travel trailer to stay in till they get some more permament housing.   We passed the hat at the store so they can get some food and supplies... 

One of our regulars was on his roof inspecting  damage (house still livable) when some gawkers stopped in the street staring.  He started doing a monkey dance. They got all red faced and sped away.  Rightly so...  ::)

Scott
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!