iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here is a story

Started by valley ranch, March 09, 2015, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley ranch

I was working on the hot tub, when I was coming out from under the deck, I did a Superman dive on a rock that looked like a helmet only pointed.
Don't think any ribs are broken, at most a crack. This was a few days ago and today I'm having to take it easy, I've work to do on the mill, but have to sit it out for a while cause it started to get a wee bit painful.

I've hurt ribs before takes a while for them to get better, darn!

Raider Bill

Yup, ribs take a longtime to heal. Good Luck!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doctorb

Only hurts when you breathe.  Do not wrap your chest with a compression bandage.  Further decreases the expansion of the lungs and can lead to fluid collection.   No fun.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Gary_C

Doc, are you saying back on the old days when they wrapped one side of your chest with wide strips of that white adhesive tape that it did no good?

Everyone should experience that feeling when the nurse peeled one corner of the tape loose and then gave a good yank and off came the tape, your hair, and the top layer of your skin.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

red oaks lumber

gary
did you look and act like the guy on the movie 40 yr old virgin :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Gary_C

I don't know, I've never seen the movie. Is it painful to watch?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

red oaks lumber

just one scene,yet funny as heck. imagine a very hairy chest getting tape yanked off. :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ST Ranch

I did something similar in November last fall and cracked 2 ribs.  I did not wrap them, but I did [and still do] wear an athletic back/rib support.  Not to tight and only when working - it stabilizes the ribs and spine and reduces the pain.

I too am in my late 50's and in pretty good shape - but it took over 2 months to get back to a reasonable level of work.

Good luck and hope you heal up OK

Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Back in the day when I broke ribs, they made me wear a corset for a week or so.  Medical procedures change. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

martyinmi

Quote from: Magicman on March 12, 2015, 08:52:36 AM
  Medical procedures change.
Isn't that the truth!
It seems the only thing that ever truly remains unchanged is the fact that everything changes. :-\

25 years ago when I got my first kidney stone, my urologist told me to try to eliminate all calcium from my diet.
Fast forward 25 years and 3 different urologists, they now recommend nearly the opposite.

Hope you heal quickly!
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Straightgrain

Have an X Box?  ;D

There must be any number of things you can do to stay busy/productive....until your ribs heal-enough to get the false sense of security you can get back to work...especially in the Spring.........//s

Maintenance records
Tai Chi
Inventory
Read
Make Jerky

"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

Thank You Sponsors!