iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thermo timber in house construction

Started by serg, February 28, 2011, 08:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Hello friends!

In Russia, the building houses out of wet wood. The house is a natural drying for 1 year. House gets shrinkage. Crack hits timber.
I began to do the experiment. Timber Humidity 65% of land in the cortex in 7 - 10 days prior to the humidity of 2.8%. House of thermo Timber has a stable form. See photos.  New constructive design. Convection drying of timber, the function of the terms
Sergey.

jamesamd

Not exactaly sure what You said Serg but the wood looks great.
Need more info on how that was dried.
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

tyb525

Jim, Serge has been off and on the forum for awhile. He is foreign so his English isn't the best, however don't let that fool you. He has a company that thermo-treats wood, basically meaning it's heated to the point where all sugars that bacteria and fungus like are gone, making it more durable at rot-resistant.

Search his previous posts, he has some interesting ones.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

serg

Hello!

tyb525
thanks for your help!
Jim.
Translation made by a computer. I want to tell you how and why I do it.

In Russia today, wooden houses are often built of wood natural moisture, which sometimes comes into disrepair already in the warehouse of the manufacturer. Logs and timber are covered by fungi, mold, wood destroying insects begin. Conduct a protective treatment finished, folded into packets home rather laborious and not ecology.

wooden house construction is the shrinkage, the shrinkage is 6-8% of the original size, and unevenly, promoting the emergence of gaps and cracks
The work begins with the selection of modes of vacuum drying of solid structural timber section from 100 to 300 mm. Beams in such plants dried for 22 days to a residual moisture content of 6 - 7%. This moisture, for example, required for a wooden house on the technology timberfreym and Half-timbered houses (German Fachwerk), due to the fact that the frame is the main and is indoors in the winter when the heating moisture content reaches 6%.

I did a test log with bark drying 140 - 300 mm.

How do I do?

Temperature Fahrenheit.
W = 60 %
Day 1 - 65
Day 2 -100
Day 3- 150
Day 4 -180
Day 5 -220
Day 6- 250
Day 7 -290
Day 8- 320
9 - 10 day -365
11 day cold -50
W = 2.8 %
Big log 220 - 320 mm.

Thin beam 7 days 140 - 220 mm.
Application of   thermo  wood in building a number of advantages, namely:
 Reduction of timing the introduction of the ready-made designs.
 Eliminates the need for expensive protective coatings during the operation.
 Getting interesting saturated colors of light of domestic wood.
 In the process of heat treatment significantly reduced the volume of material which is sensitive to the fungus, which leads to improved performance of resistance to degradation caused by the fungus as compared to unmodified wood.
 There is increasing the dimensional stability of wood thermomodified because during heat treatment, it significantly loses its ability to absorb moisture - swelling.
 Ability to save on equipment and consumables.
 Ability to use lightweight foundations.
 The mobility of the production.
 Ability to use timber is not high quality.
Sergey

jamesamd

Thanks Tyb,I have been following serg and Your own posts for years,that translation was beyond My grasp ;D
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!