iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging from the air, southern style. A "drone" video

Started by fishpharmer, January 07, 2015, 08:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Just thought I would share this, I have no connection to this fella or his operation. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/Z2UVRoj9New

I think he is using one of the "drones" like ff member kipper has. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sandhills

That was cool fish, thanks for sharing that.

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

1270d

That's pretty cool!   Would I love to get in there with a harvester!

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WmFritz

Tonight, Nova on PBS was about drones. From Jumbo Jet sized to the little Mini's.
I didn't get to see it though, because someone else had the remote. I'll have to hunt it down later in the week.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Andries

Great quality video, can't believe how steady the drone is. Like the camera was up on a tower.
Thanks for posting this!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Ljohnsaw

I find it amazing as well how steady they are.  No more helos needed to make movies!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Howdy

Totaly fake video.

There was no 'cussen or fighting or women spitting through holes in their teeth and even no trees falling on cameras and idiots almost gettin' killed. 

It will never make it on the Ax Men show. 

tantoy

Quote from: Howdy on January 08, 2015, 11:44:02 AM
Totaly fake video.

There was no 'cussen or fighting or women spitting through holes in their teeth and even no trees falling on cameras and idiots almost gettin' killed. 

It will never make it on the Ax Men show.
:D
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

pine

beenthere

Surprised me that the drone would be moved up through the high lines and flying through the trees being taken down.
Being the operator is on the ground, I would think it would be rather difficult to make a good flight decision under remote control.
Guess they have a monitor to show what the camera sees, but even then that drone was moving pretty quick up between the hi-lines.
Impressive, as well as is the removal of the trees in the right-of-way. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

Beenthere and all, this video answers some of your questions...lengthy but informative about this model...

http://youtu.be/ul632FpsvjU

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fishpharmer

Thewoodman

Manuka / Radiata Pine / Redwood

fishpharmer

I believe it is.  He has another video showing how to change the blade.

Thank You Sponsors!