iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought some ppe this afternoon

Started by Maine logger88, January 09, 2015, 08:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Ive always wanted a pair of winter cutting pants with the Kevlar pads so I bought some today

The suspenders are red not pink btw lol!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Firewood dealer

Come on, be secure with your manhood!!! Pink is politically correct nowadays, you can admit to us they are really pink.  :D

Maine logger88

Quote from: Firewood dealer on January 09, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
Come on, be secure with your manhood!!! Pink is politically correct nowadays, you can admit to us they are really pink.  :D
[/quote
Hahaha!

Firewood dealer

J.K. I got a pair like that from Labonville and they are nice.

Maine logger88

Yeah that's where I got these cant wait to try them out tomorrow

pwrwagontom

Used my Labonville snow pants for the first time yesterday, LOVED them.  Kept me nice and dry/warm all day despite crawling through mountain laurel doing boundary work.

I wore them as regular pants with longjohns underneath, not as overpants like they recommend.
You'll be pleased.  The blousing strings though...I think I'm going to cut them off.

-T
Never give an inch

Maine logger88

I wore mine today I should have bought some years ago I don't believe I'll go back to chaps anytime soon! I wore my under armor cold gear under them and was toasty all day! I'm going to try some summer pants this summer

CX3

I wear the stihl bibs and really like them.  I will never wear the chaps again those things drive me nuts.  The only thing I hate about my stihl pants are they don't have pink suspenders.  Where in the world did you get those?  :D
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Maine logger88

Yeah way better than chaps! Hahaha Labonville women's section lol  ;D!

CX3

John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Gadrock

You can call them "not pink" if you want. My computer screen shows "hot pink" though. And maybe I need to get my eyes recalibrated.

LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Ken

Safety pants are the norm here for manual loggers.  Really quite amazing how tough they are considering what they are put through daily.   I liked to wear suspenders and get a pair big enough so that they don't rip in the crotch area too easily from climbing and stretching all the time.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

chester_tree _farmah

They are nice. Especially in the snow and wet conditions. I have the summer pants but they r too hot for me in the summer but that is just me.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Stephen Alford

Keeping the snow out of the boots is an issue for me.  Added partial arms from a sweat shirt.The cuffs over the boots seems to work good.  That "special blue cement" for tire repair makes for a good water repellent repair .  The fact the glue is blue makes it plus plus.  :D

logon

thecfarm

Stephen Alford,them saws are nice and clean.  ;D  The softwood in the summer made mine dirty.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lopet

Quote from: thecfarm on January 11, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
them saws are nice and clean. 

The one looks like it's never been used  ;D ;D  Just kidding
Stephen, that's a good idea with those sleeves and I  see you can sew too. :o I am impressed  :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Stephen Alford

Hey cfarm ol chum,if its any help, I give them a rub with a bit of baby oil after I sharpen and clean them up at night. Because of cost and availability I tend to use a lot of domestic products.  Any more pics of "Rockwood"  :)
  Keen eye there Lopet, that is a new pup. Every time I am in the saw shop I give them a few bucks on the next one. I got away from the chaps years ago when started to have back spasms. Thought the belt was cutting off circulation to the muscles. Added a morning stretch routine and a magnesium supplement and good to go.   When your looking for a date wearing  orange boots, cutterpants, pink suspenders,hardhat and facial hair...... being able to sew and dare I say "cook" goes a long way....  :D
logon

David-L

How they working Maine logger 88. If you get rid of the pink suspenders, I'll pay top dollar and shipping for them..

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

timberlinetree

Its always nice to be nice and warm! Acorring to the teens pink is "in". Glad I'm old!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Maine logger88

Quote from: David-L on January 12, 2015, 08:38:41 PM
  How they working Maine logger 88. If you get rid of the pink suspenders, I'll pay top dollar and shipping for them..

They are working well very warm I'm not going back to chaps in the winter for sure!

Thank You Sponsors!